Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Radioman and I got the Good Friday date, but we had ours officiated by the mayor of a local town. He was able to do it that day and it worked great with our work schedules and his sister and brother in law (both disabled) were able to attend easily because the borough building is handicap friendly. So if scheduling is difficult for you then check out the option of a local mayor, they may be a bit more flexible than the county office folks. We got a list of who is legally allowed to perform a marriage ceremony in our state when we got our license, but I'm sure that list is available online or through a phone call to the county courthouse in your area.
    We just went to a local diner afterwards for lunch, the diner allowed our friends (who had apparently contacted them a few days before) to bring in a cake for us. It was a great way to get married without stressing over things that really shouldn't matter.
    But DH didn't get off quite as lucky as your fiance... he did get stuck buying me a ring... and actually ended up with an extra wedding band for when I don't want to wear my fancy rings because I am doing 'non-girly' activities, like running the chain saw or log splitter, fishing or cleaning fish, construction work, etc. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  2. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa
  3. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Yep, 22 hrs causes me typing difficulty but isn't much in the normal scheme of things... I am functional till 40 hrs + and even then I am OK (but do start getting a bit 'punch drunk' feeling) with anything except I won't drive after I've been up past about 36 hrs.

Feel bad for the cow! Hope the driver is OK also... and what a waste of eggs!

4. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    You guys have been chatty, I just read over 100 posts, I have to go to work to pay for my addiction, and you guys go wild.....
    I will try to remember what i read...
    Chad,,,,,,Need anything,,,give a holler...even disposal service...
    Galgo.....will be there just give a holler when....not very crafty, but I buy all kinds of things....If I remember correctly, you are just outside of mt gretna... weekend in june is better for me,,,most field planting is done..suppose I could do some mealworm starters or something like that..

That's all i can remember, brain is drawing a blank as to what I just read...

5. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

6. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Mine will be a plain band for exactly that reason. I'm not very "girly" very often & hate big rings that catch on things. I clean up well when I want to, but that's not very often. [​IMG]

7. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    JJ gripes constantly because I fall asleep while watching movies with him. [​IMG]

8. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    So sorry, hang in there. [​IMG]

9. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
  10. yelnad

yelnad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2012
    Central PA
    Hey Centre County folks -- where do you get your chicken feed? What do you pay? Thanks :) [​IMG]

Anyone here raise rabbits? I'm thinking about Angoras.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by