Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Kiomey

Kiomey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2012
    Southern York County
    I was the same at her age! Couldn't keep me from my uncle's chicken coops! Brace yourself for an itty bitty silly chicky child! XD where in fawn are you!? I'm down on 425 a bit, past torbert and on the left! I scan yards when I drive through town for you and yours lol!
    Enjoy the weather!

2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

I am so sorry...

3. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    [​IMG]that is one of the most sicking things, to lose to the wild critters. so sorry

4. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Did you hatch them yourself or get them from like TSC? If you bought them at TSC or a Mill, they came from a hatchery, and were already vaccinated.

Oh, I'm so sorry...I hate death in any form...but that just turns your stomach, I know.

Go back through the thread to find Sally. Once you find one of her posts, there's a link in her siggy for her Pallet Haus and how to build. But yes, you definitely want to make it easy to clean if you're going to use it for quarantine & broodies! Don't want to infect momma and brand new babies.

5. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

That is just horrible, and I'm pretty sure I would have thrown up on the spot. SoooSorry [​IMG] Wild animals [​IMG] !!!

6. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    So sorry eweaber. What kind of predator could get in like that and do that damage without you seeing the entry point?

Cskotek, great pictures. Very cool.

7. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    Thanks! Speaking of Sally, where is she?

8. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    I have 30 pekin eggs sitting here if you would like some to hatch to replace some of your flock. You pay shipping, I'll donate the eggs. Just let me know how many you would like. They are hatching really well. I have a bunch in the bator & every one is developing.

I try to fence my runs top & bottom for exactly this reason. There are still animals small enough to slip through some wire though. A weasel or mink will do exactly what you described.

1 person likes this.
  9. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

10. eweaber

eweaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2012
    Lebanon PA
    I think I found where the critter got in. I built my run this winter when the ground was frozen. With the couple days of warm weather some of the ground under my door frame thawed and created a gap. I didn't see it until I went out a couple minutes ago and my serama roo was outside of the run. The hole will be fixed today and a trap will be set to catch the critter.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by