Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. pagumby

pagumby Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2013
    Hummelstown, PA

It's not doing so great. Still chirping but sleeps a lot. I take it out to feed it and give it sugar water. Anyone have a suggestion if what I can do?

2. pagumby

Feb 24, 2013
    Hummelstown, PA
    Does anyone in the Hershey/Lebanon area have chicks to sell? Already have SS, RSL, brahmas, JG, golden comet and assorted bantams. Looking for something different.

3. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Are you allowed roosters? I have 2 or 3 German strain New Hampshire red culls (pretty, radiant orange/red/gold birds), a young Buff orp roo and later this year, probably a young Light Sussex roo. I also might have some buckeye culls later this year too. 2014 I'll have buckeyes, German NHR, Buff Ameraucanas, Wheaten Ameraucana bantams (hopefully), bantam EEs and white silkies

4. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    Who else's chickens are very happy?? Been out cleaning my flower beds and garden and they are getting all the leaves and weeds! They are in heaven! Also feeling bad for my mottled Cochins, had to pluck their back ends. Man I hate plucking my eye brows so can only imagine how it felt for them? Anyone else ever pluck for increased fertility?

5. pagumby

Feb 24, 2013
    Hummelstown, PA
    Not sure how may Roos I'll end up with in this batch of bantams.

6. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    somebody was asking if I had any broodies, yes I do but I think moving them would disrupt that broodiness....I have 3 right now...1 jersey giant ...1 silkie (white older girl)...1 serama, must take her roo also .

7. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa
    ??? maybe a bikini wax would be better? Heard of this done as a practical joke on a newbie duck hunter.....

8. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky

Same. Someone just had birds who were in quarantine for a little longer than 30 days when they started showing disease.

9. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    I've hatched eggs from someone who was supposed to be NPIP & every one of them was sick. I had to cull every bird they came in contact with (an entire brooder full of chicks that were fine for 3 weeks before these hatched) plus the 3 roos I got from the same breeder. I had them in quarantine still when they got sick, so didn't lose any hens at least. I burned the brooder. Wasn't going to take any chances.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  10. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    plan for today...
    work on pens and cleaning out untill about 5
    go to dinner, (do not cook on sat)
    jump in shower and call it a night with a few drinks.....

yes food before shower, it's a local diner that is used to us farm people and our smells....

please remind me to avoid ebay after the drinks start...........

if someone would of told me years ago that this is how I would of spent my weekends i would have laughed.....but really I would not want it any other way...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by