Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. yelnad

yelnad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2012
    Central PA
    We built this feeder today and layed out plans for the automatic waterer. DH will run to Lowe's after dinner. We are using a large metal water tank for a holding tank. Is using metal an issue? I will have a little cleanout valve inside the coop on the PVC to add ACV or meds or anything.

[​IMG]

We also found all of the extra 4x4s and fence posts that we have laying around so that we can start to map out the run.
    And we started laying out the deck for the coop.
    And we brought some of the chickens out into a playyard in the grass so they could have their first fun in the sun!

Busy day. The girls (3 & 5) are exhausted and so am I!

2. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

WOW! You've got a lot done. Good for you! I've been a lazy bum today.

I think the rule is: No metal for waterers where you add ACV.

3. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    How many peeps are you looking for? Do you want bantams or Large Fowl?

4. annie82005

annie82005 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    Snow Shoe, Pa
    [​IMG]

The girls are checking out their new digs! Still under construction but getting close!

5. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice meeting Chad and wing today. And Chad, I found the quail under the couch.

6. yelnad

yelnad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2012
    Central PA

This is funny.

7. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

I would have been heartbroken! So sorry to hear this happened.... [​IMG]
    Love this!!! [​IMG]
    Yep! We are becoming expert math folks around here! Can't count most of our birds either!
    Busy day for you! Glad to hear she got her birds traded out with you. I love the GPS, but don't really trust it for anything beyond the basic main road areas. It has tried to direct us on numerous gas well roads and even a couple of farmer field access roads! So use it 'with a grain of salt' so to speak!
    Now that sounds like something we'd hear around here! [​IMG]

8. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    My mom took her chicks home. Only 10 left out if the 23 I had, and 1 is for a friend. :( I miss them already, but I know they have a good home and ther WERE her birds to begin with. At least I know some good people to hook me up with more birds!! Made plans for the chicken tractor and the screen door for the big coop today. Hope to finish both tomorrow!

9. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
  10. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Some were just hatched,,, some are almost 2 weeks old, some are 5 weeks, others are around 7 or 8 weeks old, and more on the way this week.

also have a few laying pullets available, egg color is pretty good on the ones laying at the moment, although I do not know which eggs come from which pullets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by