Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. regcal966

regcal966 Out Of The Brooder

Your coop looks great!

2. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Today was gorgeous. We let the older poults out, one of the silkies came out, the guinea pig got to play outside and I still got nothing done. I was beat all day. I think it might've had something to do with the window popping and the cat knocking stuff off the dresser and jumping from the dresser to my side of the bed all through the night! Even G grumbled something about locking her out, LOL! Ah well, the poults got along with everyone except for the black chicken who thinks she's a turkey. Nobody bothered the little silkie either. I will have to start transitioning the turks to the main flock I guess.

3. annie82005

annie82005 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    Snow Shoe, Pa

Thank you! It isn't finished yet, but here is a picture of the whole thing

[​IMG]

4. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop

5. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

Looks great!

6. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Cochins really don't fly well as adults either so I wouldn't worry too much. If she really wants up on the perch, she will get there as long as it isn't too high. You may consider putting a ramp or a couple of lower perches she can hop onto to get to the higher one. Of all of the chicks I've had, Silkies & Cochins are the only ones I've never had to worry about flying out of an uncovered brooder.

7. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

But...but...but...we're the most important!!!!

One of our babies decided it was done being held...so attempted to fly....right into the feed bag....luckily it landed there...instead of falling all the way to the concrete floor!

Ummm.....if I have to pluck their backends to improve fertility...I will simply have infertile chickens! But from all reports...yes, my chickens were thrilled with the beautiful day and all the activity going on in the yard for them to supervise. DH put 1 of my new rain barrels up, and fixed 2 others (stupid birds sat on the screens to get to the water...found they don't swim nearly as well as they thought!) Son in Law and 1 grandson chopped up the apple tree we lost in Sandy. DH cleared up the general mess that was the back/side yard. Step-daughter grilled lunch for all the kids...who then fed most of their lunch to VERY happy chickens. And me? I drove to NJ and shopped for food/decorations for the baby shower with my mom.

What's your work schedule this week? I might just chance breaking the broody cycle. (And BTW it was me)

That's an awesome feeder!

Only around this thread is noone surprised by that statement.

Good Job!

8. pagumby

pagumby Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2013
    Hummelstown, PA
    I don't dare ask what you have but tell me any ways. My hubby has turned crazy and keeps wanting more. Doesn't matter the size to me.
    Poor little spot died today.

9. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Awww Gumby, sorry. I was routing for her.

10. pagumby

pagumby Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2013
    Hummelstown, PA
    So is it an addiction when you have to empty a homemade wood rack and make a brooder out of it because it's all you have that's big enough?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by