Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Salmon Faverolles are different. Beards, feathered legs, 5 toes. Sweet, gentle, brown eggs, gorgeous roosters. I'm hatching some every week, and am about 1/2 hour north of Harrisburg.

2. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    If'n you don't have real moonshine, just put quotes around it on the labels. Apple Pie 'Moonshine' Drink a couple swigs and you won't care if it has quotes or not. Tasty stuff! That was the same recipe I used, but with honey in place of sugar, and added some crystallized ginger, cause I add it to everything.

3. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Oh I know. Very tempted to report her to NPIP. I know her personally, not just from bird sales, & know she doesn't quarantine ANY of her new waterfowl either. She brings them home & plops them right into her pens or lets them out to free-range with her other birds. It's no wonder her birds are constantly dying. She kept trying to tell me they were drowning in waterbowls. Healthy, full-grown birds do NOT drown in chick waterers. [​IMG]

4. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Mmmmm Honey and ginger. Makes me want to make a really good honey mead.

5. SilkieSensation

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Need moonshine recipe! [​IMG]

6. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    That's not good!

7. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Take any number of fruit or veggies and ferment. the way I would do it is make wine and than still it. and still it again. Just trying to cook down to a higher proof alcohol.

8. SilkieSensation

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Nope

Instructions please! (You can PM me with them if you have them available) My fiance is dying to try to make wine & moonshine.

9. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I am sorry to hear about the little spot passing :-( He was a cutie. I have LF Cochin, and Ameraucana chicks for sale. I have Black, Blue, and Splash in both breeds.

10. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    You are selling your splits? They are great to breed with. They keep the feather quality better, and type. Have you had fertility or hatchability issues with your Lavender to Lavender matings?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by