Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Y'all know once you distill, it becomes illegal. You may legally make up to 200 gallons of winner and beer per person per year.
    Most real moonshine is cut to 90-100 proof (45-50% alcohol). Just an FYI. If using the recipe posted, I suggest using grain alcohol.
    Different yeasts will ferment to as different alcohol level maximum before the yeast dies. There are a couple yeasts available that will go to 20% (40 proof).
    That is equivalent to many of the commercial beverages available in the local store.
    Yes I make wine and beer. Regularly.

2. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    frostbite? What's that? lol
    So the key is to run a boarding house so you can keep your numbers up [​IMG]

3. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

[​IMG]

4. eweaber

eweaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2012
    Lebanon PA
    I used to make beer on a regular basis but haven't had much time since my second kid was born. Want to start brewing again this summer. What do you think would happen if I use chicken feed to make beer. I know I would have to "malt" it 1st. But it would technically work?

5. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Soooo... I have a chick in the Lilac bush that I have been trying to get for two hours. I am cold, and really tied of waiting for the silly thing to WANT to be caught or go inside. It can see it's coop and the big coop. They are not that far apart. She keeps coming towards me, but stops three feet away, and runs back to the bush.
    Any suggestions?

6. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Hmmmm...grain...chicken feed...need barrels...[​IMG] I already ferment feed for the chickens, so why not for the fiance. [​IMG]

7. SilkieSensation

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Mealworms

8. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I'm gonna tune back into the wine. I had a friend that used Juicy Juice and made some good stuff.

9. SilkieSensation

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    We're thinking strawberry & raspberry round here [​IMG]

10. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    She's in!
    I think it was the other chicks peeping that finally made her go. She had trouble figuring out that she had to go in the door (she was looking around the side), but that fast, she is in. Ofcourse she waited until I was wearing warmer clothes.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by