Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    I know they have imported other breeds like their fresians and such. not sure about the SFH or the others. I thought they were a little high as well, but the price on the marans was $5 less a piece than agway had them at. I came home with 7 chicks last time (2 marans and 5 SS) for $40. The quality is good, they don't overcrowd, the chicks are healthy, so since i am only getting a few a t a time, i didn't mind. They are close to me, so i don't have to ship which saves $. I wouldn't go off the prices on the website becuase they don't always have all the breeds or have it up to date. (they have 6 lemon barred cuckoo orp chicks for sale on the auction for $45 for all 6, so that is less then they have them on the website for) The SFH should be hatching late april early may. I want to get some too, so when they hatch, if you are still interested. i'll let you know the price and i can always pick them up. I am pretty close to lancaster. :)

2. motherhen71185

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    I have never had a duck egg. What is the difference other than size?

3. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

I had emailed them about prices on eggs. Thats where I based it. You must live very close to a friend who got some of my chicks and hens. They are in the same town as h&h. :)

Edit to add: I have one SFH laying almost daily. Started incubating and they are fertile. Got two out of three, although my broody stepped on one. Also have five in the brooder from shipped eggs. Four are crested. If you want a few eggs or chicks as I hatch, let me know. I love hatching, more than I have room for.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  4. AUNT KAT

AUNT KAT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    Duck Eggs are delicious! They are nice big rich eggs. And if you bake with them, the baking comes out fluffier, in my opinion........

5. kada6305

kada6305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Kersey, Pennsylvania
    woke up this morning, and noticed one of my SS chickens having way more feathering than the other, always had a hunch pox was a cockerel. they are same breed, same age but pox has noticably less feathering than Dumpling. they came out of the straight run bin at Saint Mary's TSC :) here are the pictures! He always had less feathering but I guess Dumpling just really feathered in on her shoulder last night haha.

[​IMG]
    side view
    [​IMG]
    dumplings feathering
    [​IMG]
    Back view :)

6. kada6305

kada6305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Kersey, Pennsylvania
    I wont have any until late summer prob.

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    This may count as longest quote LOL
    How sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL STALKER!
    She is right ya know!
    OMG is this coming up again!!!

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

9. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep, Sally's back!

10. motherhen71185

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    If you have a pullet or young hen that would be great!!! If not, I will probably take a few chicks. I just want one hen for my flock. :)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by