Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    I can send you anything not sold for hatching by Thursday. Pekins & runners. The pekin eggs are HUGE! Just check with me Thursday morning & see how many I have available to ship (or you can pick up if you aren't super far from Wheeling)
    MUCH richer! No vanilla needed when using them for baking.
    Love them for baking, just have to guess how many it takes to equal the eggs needed on a recipe...LOL

2. josephrose

josephrose Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2013
    Delaware County
    So, I need some help guys.

I NEED CHICKENS!

I'm looking for 3-4 Buff Orpington or Plymouth Barred Rocks. Hens, not roos.

Not chicks, but young chickens at or around the age when they'll start laying.

I'm in Delaware County (just south of Philly) and I can't seem to find any chickens, aside from baby chicks.

Any leads?

3. kada6305

kada6305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Kersey, Pennsylvania
    did you look at some hatcheries? I know some sell what they call "started hens" and I believe they will be about 16 weeks or so which is almost the age of first egg :)

4. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    check this out. :
    http://york.craigslist.org/grd/3728488433.html
    Chickens - $20 (York)

10 bantam and large fowl birds, Rhode Island reds and barred rocks, no roosters,
    $20 or best offer
    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

5. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

Lol!! I seen this on FB! haha! Still funny.

6. josephrose

Mar 28, 2013
    Delaware County

Do you know of any, specifically? For some reason my searches just aren't bringing me what I'm looking for.

7. kada6305

kada6305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Kersey, Pennsylvania
    I can't remember I'll look around for you though, I want to say ideal but I dont think thats what it was called....I'll get back to you !! haha

8. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    I'm over near Wheeling, but I have a bunch of birds ages 4-9 weeks for the orps & 3 BR at 3 weeks. Not baby babies, but still a little while to lay. The oldest ones could be laying in about 6 weeks.

9. josephrose

Mar 28, 2013
    Delaware County
    McMurray seems really good, but they appear to be in Iowa. People don't ship chickens, right? =P

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by