Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

ALL I KEEP HEARING IN MY HEAD IS "SPIDER PIG.....SPIDER PIG"....
idunno.gif
ROFL!
lau.gif

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lau.gif

gig.gif
OMG.... I can SO picture that! Amazing how selective their little memories are! I spent almost 2 hrs trying to corner a cat for a vet trip 2 wks ago, couldn't get him and finally called and cancelled the appointment. Hung up the phone and walked into the next room and there he was! and being all nicey nice about it too! So I promptly stuffed him into a carrier and called back the Vet's office and thank goodness they agreed to still see him!
She has been trying to reduce her flock quite a bit.... but the hatchings and new chicks keep getting in the way!
gig.gif

Wish we were further south or I would help out with that! Now if anyone up north or central is looking then drop me a line! We ae hoping to be down your way in the near future... Cabela's has a sonar unit we are hoping to get. My Mom just called and said she got their new flyer (I'm stuck at work so didn't see my mail yet) and it looks like it might be on sale... so hoping it is!
fl.gif

I have chickies for anyone who wants them
gig.gif

If I may vent......and sorry to get off the topic of chickens.......but.........I AM SOOOOOO NOT SPEAKING TO MY POT BELLIED PIG, HAMLETT, RIGHT NOW!!!
barnie.gif
I get the vet here for everyone to have shots and all, and darned if he didn't remember the vet, and having his teeth trimmed! So, everytime we got hold of him, he threw himself around and got away.......so I still had to pay the poor vet for his time, but Hamlett still has his snaggletooth til I ask hubs to build something to keep him still easier!!! BRAT BRAT BRAT!!!!! That pig owes me $40!!! AND SINCE WHEN CAN HIS FAT LITTLE BUTT RUN??????

Quote:
Update on the critter. Set 2 traps last night with the dead birds as bait. Nothing in them. Everyone was locked up inside together last night. Today I am working on my Duck Hut (the addition to the back of the chicken coop). It is connected to the chicken coop by a large hole in the wall so everyone can go from one to the other.

Quote: Haha !!! Make him a BLT!

OK, I've been checking on this sight as well as others for what on earth these little bantams might be. I'm more confused now than when I started. Any guesses or an accurate ID?

All of them have feathered feet.

OK, I've been checking on this sight as well as others for what on earth these little bantams might be. I'm more confused now than when I started. Any guesses or an accurate ID?
The black & gold at the top looks like a sebright. Guessing maybe cochin on the others from coloring, looks like a blue & a mottled.

Oh wait, you said feathered legs on all. That would make the top 1 a gold laced cochin or buff brahma.

Last edited:
1 Cute
2 Cute
3 Cute

love.gif

Quote:
frow.gif
hugs.gif

I ordered some from MD she said they stopped laying so I never got them, hopefully this month, whatcha find? I am game because I am not sure what up with her or the Muscovy eggs I ordered from some chick in texas in October and never got! how frustrating!

There was a brush fire not far from the house today.. We think quads are the culprits... Nothing major burned thank gods but it was enough. So everyone be warned things are DRY out there right now!
DH said there was one behind our house over the weekend.
YAY! You're back!
YAY MISSY!!! are they "Hunnymoonin"? CONGRATS YOU TWO!! YAY!!!!! I hope she posted a few pics.... gonna start reading!
Nope, no pics...I'll get some from DH...they were taken on his phone.
HI All! Boy did I miss you guys!!! And looks like I missed all kinds of stuff, over 300 things to catch up on!!! I survived the preteen sleepovers two nights in a row!!!! I don't know what that is, but I had this increidble urge to snuggle it!!!! Did I read that it passed??? Can't do June 15th, but the other two work for me!!! What a cutie!!!! HI there from Lebanon!!! I have 7 eggs in the incubator from Blarney of the Mille Fleur bantams. If I have a good hatch, i will share.......and I can't keep the roos SOOOOOOO GONNA TRY THIS! (the drink, not laying naked in the snow). Wonder if Everclear can be used ? I have a great sweet wine.........perhaps you and your GF and Heather can make it over towards my birthday to share some with me???? Can I move into THAT neighborhood?????
2 nights of preteen sleepovers??? How much alcohol was required for that!
I have never had a duck egg. What is the difference other than size?
Richness...fluffiness in baking.
So, I need some help guys. I NEED CHICKENS! I'm looking for 3-4 Buff Orpington or Plymouth Barred Rocks. Hens, not roos. Not chicks, but young chickens at or around the age when they'll start laying. I'm in Delaware County (just south of Philly) and I can't seem to find any chickens, aside from baby chicks. Any leads?
Most of us have chicks of various ages up for grabs...I'm sure someone can point you in the direction of laying hens. I know that Knisely's (pet/feed store out in Carlisle) usually POL pullets in I think late April/Early May...HOWEVER they will be DEBEAKED!
McMurray seems really good, but they appear to be in Iowa. People don't ship chickens, right? =P
Of course they do, happens all the time.
Ouch! 3.21 oz.
I've been getting alot of those recently. Not sure what is up with the girls!
about to disappear again,,,,it's bedtime for me.......... missy this is my schedule this week ....I work till 7 am go to bed between 2 and 3 get up at 9 and do it all over again....will be done at noon on friday, free all weekend.
Let me see when I have the Tiny Man this week, may run over one morning if you don't mind, or can do Saturday afternoon on my way back from Nolde.
If I may vent......and sorry to get off the topic of chickens.......but.........I AM SOOOOOO NOT SPEAKING TO MY POT BELLIED PIG, HAMLETT, RIGHT NOW!!!
barnie.gif
I get the vet here for everyone to have shots and all, and darned if he didn't remember the vet, and having his teeth trimmed! So, everytime we got hold of him, he threw himself around and got away.......so I still had to pay the poor vet for his time, but Hamlett still has his snaggletooth til I ask hubs to build something to keep him still easier!!! BRAT BRAT BRAT!!!!! That pig owes me $40!!! AND SINCE WHEN CAN HIS FAT LITTLE BUTT RUN??????
LMAO...ok, I know it's annoying that you had to pay the vet to come out...but the image is hysterical! On my way in from NJ today I stopped at McDonalds...and picked up a 5 pack of chickens. No not nuggets. 3-7 week old barred rocks! DH was like "umm...you're done with chickens for the year...." nope.

Back
Top Bottom