Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. AUNT KAT

AUNT KAT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    I told him I am NOT MAKING HIM HIS PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SANDWICH!!!!!! But he doesn't care what I say!!! He sees the vet, and all the sudden turns into Teenage Mutant Ninja Pig!!!! GRRRRRRR!

2. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

If you just want layers, not breed specific, I think wingstone has some from three new years hatch she may part with. Not sure how much she intends to reduce her flock.

3. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    I got 1 about that big from 1 of my girls over the weekend. Bigger than my duck eggs!!!

I have pekin eggs coming out my ears!!! 5 eggs per day from 5 hens. I call my babies the 7 dwarfs (2 drakes & 5 hens) because they march along in a line "singing" [​IMG]

I have birds for you, we just need to work out a middle man to get them there. I can go up to 2 hours 1 way if someone will meet me & send them on to you. Any 1 want to volunteer for this chicken train [​IMG] There may be a free pullet or 2 in it for whoever volunteers [​IMG]

4. eweaber

eweaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2012
    Lebanon PA
    Update on the critter. Set 2 traps last night with the dead birds as bait. Nothing in them. Everyone was locked up inside together last night. Today I am working on my Duck Hut (the addition to the back of the chicken coop). It is connected to the chicken coop by a large hole in the wall so everyone can go from one to the other.

5. SilkieSensation

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Think he's looking for Buff Orps & barred rocks. I have both available. Just need help with transporting them.

6. josephrose

josephrose Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2013
    Delaware County
    Yeah, I think I'm all about the Buff Orpingtons. Everything I read says that they would be best around my son (a 5 year old with Autism). Probably looking at 3 (or maybe 4) of those.

7. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

8. SilkieSensation

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    I'm willing to drive 2 hours 1 way & I know there are other people from this thread in between. Hopefully someone will volunteer to help. I also have pekins hatching as we speak & more set. [​IMG]

9. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]OMG.... I can SO picture that! Amazing how selective their little memories are! I spent almost 2 hrs trying to corner a cat for a vet trip 2 wks ago, couldn't get him and finally called and cancelled the appointment. Hung up the phone and walked into the next room and there he was! and being all nicey nice about it too! So I promptly stuffed him into a carrier and called back the Vet's office and thank goodness they agreed to still see him!
    She has been trying to reduce her flock quite a bit.... but the hatchings and new chicks keep getting in the way! [​IMG]
    Wish we were further south or I would help out with that! Now if anyone up north or central is looking then drop me a line! We ae hoping to be down your way in the near future... Cabela's has a sonar unit we are hoping to get. My Mom just called and said she got their new flyer (I'm stuck at work so didn't see my mail yet) and it looks like it might be on sale... so hoping it is! [​IMG]

10. AUNT KAT

AUNT KAT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    ALL I KEEP HEARING IN MY HEAD IS "SPIDER PIG.....SPIDER PIG"....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by