Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Wing is supposed to be getting some....I think I'm supposed to foster them for her.

2. missydcpc

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Welcome aboard! You can see from the map in my signature where most people are from! Lots of great info on here. As far as coop...I saw 2 on Craigslist today. 1 was a tractor style one for $150 in Biglerville I believe and one that's a nice sized shed for $350...don't remember where that one was from.

3. tjroberts

tjroberts Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2013
    Dover, PA
    Thank you missydcp. I will look on craigslist now.

4. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop

5. missydcpc

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
  6. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I went to Clearfield TSC. They had Wyandottes, Ausralorps and White Rocks. I wanted Australorps last year, but have too many black birds now. I have all the other Rocks, so I NEED White Rocks, and Wyandottes I go back and forth with. I was headed (on the bike) to Dubois, so I said we would be back.
    Dubois was 100% empty. I had talked myself out of more chicks. DH didn't get that, so he asked how many I was getting. Ha ha! He WANTS me to have more!
    I decided to skip the Australorps, and was thinking of #'s for the Rocks and Wyandottes. The girl pulled a Leghorn pullet out that was bloody. She put on the bluecote, and I said I would take her. I didn't want her crammed in with the others (who were all bigger) and hurt more. I got her home to see that her legs were cut up. She was sitting up and perching in my hand, but I knew she was a goner. She only cost me a dollar, and I know she was better off not dying in the store.
    I now have 6 Wyandottes and 3 White Rocks. I tried for girls. I hope I picked right!
    My "I am never going to have more than 30 chickens" is now at 36.

7. missydcpc

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
  8. regcal966

regcal966 Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG]

This dog kennel was here when we bought the house, we decided to set it up and let the chicks out of the basement for a little bit. Love this awesome weather!

9. Kiomey

Kiomey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2012
    Southern York County
    Welcome from Southern York County! :D Let us know when you want an incubator lol! We plan on a build-a-bator party xD Gonna rock!

I vote for a Sunday for the bator party cuz I work every saturday in the summer :/ The Fruit Farm and the greenhouse and the vets office all fight for my saturdays and I never seem to get one to myself! I vote early June or maybe Late May?

10. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by