Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    We just got our tickets for this year. Didn't go last year though. Know anyone from the Rockview side?

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    N Berks here! welcome!

4. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Yup, they think there's corn hiding in the leaves....and the leaves get mulched.
    Precisely.

5. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

I'm just chuckling because actually we don't even have an incubator at all! [​IMG] We have hatched with out broody, but not by incubator! But that doesn't mean I can't get someone else talked into a bigger 'bator!! [​IMG]

6. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    ONE WHO NEEDS another COOLERBATOR was just given 20 ameracauna eggs to hatch, good thing another cochin is broody, will she get the marans or the ameras? lol

7. MButerbaugh

MButerbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    Note to self...... NEVER wait this long to clean out chicken coop..... Not sure when it was done last, but it was too long!!!! My sinuses will never be the same :rolleyes:

8. rinlareine

rinlareine Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2013
    Apollo, PA
    Hey, Pennsylvanians! I'm new to the site, but definitely not new to chickens. We have a small backyard flock, but I think I've been able to convince my mom to double it. :) We're getting 8 or 9 new chickens, starting with some Ameraucanas (I'm pretty sure they're just EEs though) tomorrow from the local feed store. So excited!

9. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

I bought a pack of surgical masks/ dust masks. They sell them in hardware stores and woodworking supply stores. I wear one when I clean out the coop now. It doesn't fix the problem completely but makes a heck of a difference.
    If you don't have any masks handy a hankerchief folded and tied around your face 'robber style' helps too.

BTW... hoping Mr Green Jeans is behaving himself! No more attitudes?

10. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

It was alot....... We left some in the pen for the duck.. regretted that idea today loll. 150-200 feet of yard by about 25-30 feet wide... lots of raking.. my hands are semi blisterd .. gah.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by