Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Glad you are back on!!! I will be going to the York show too! See you there!!! Not taking any birds to show, I am just dropping some off.

2. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    I am going to buy birds. Jamie Matts has a black bantam Cochin pair for me. I will see if I can snag any other pretty birds!

3. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Please email me his contact info!!! I have been trying to get in touch with him so I can get some too. I tried through his website, but sometimes that kind of stuff doesn't work.

4. Reyvaughn

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    He told me he's pretty much wiped out. He sold over 50 birds in less than a month. I am PMing his info just in case he found something else to sell, though!

5. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

Woo! I will/ may see you haha! I have blonde bangs on my hair.. and i am short! LOL

6. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa

Happy to see u back!!!

7. MButerbaugh

MButerbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012

Mr Green Jeans is wonderful! I can't believe I was ever concerned about having a rooster! Now if I could get the ladies to quit pulling his feathers out at the base of his tail.....:rolleyes:

I keep hoping he'll warm up to my older flock of 7 hens... He seems like he tries at times but he's chased them away from his ladies enough times that they don't seem very interested in him... I tried putting him in their coop the other day after they were all out free ranging together and they did really well until they went to bed, he didn't like them up beside him on the roost and was picking at their feet, so I put him back in the other coop.

Anyway, we just love him! He's a very good boy (most of the time... Lol) it's just amazing how he keeps both flocks under his watchful eye and control! Thank you again!!!

We hold him regularly - much to his dismay.... But I think he'll survive! Only attitude is with the older girls

8. Reyvaughn

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Final count is 9 AMs, 7 OEs, 5 MF bantam Cochins and 2 choc Orps. The OE and Am that didn't make it... One drown and the other was mostly zipped and died. All of the MF bantam Cochins hatched that made it to lock down. The choc Orps are upsetting. I found an Easter hatch choc dead in the brooder - no apparent reason. I only have 5 choc chicks to show for a month of collecting and setting.

Still waiting on the duckling. I made an air hole since it had a few pips but none were through the thick membrane. It better hurry because I need to lock down another batch of eggs by tomorrow night!

9. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Was thinking the same thing LOL
    Welcome. Good place for questions of all sorts
    Awesome! Welcome aboard the gang.
    There are a LOT of short poultry folks here...just saying..and than galgo98 is like 10' tall compared to all the other gals here [​IMG]

10. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    [​IMG] westmoreland county here

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by