Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. rinlareine

rinlareine Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2013
    Apollo, PA
    Ooooh, okay. Thank you! She's adorable. Hopefully mine turns out something like that :)

2. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    It has been a very interesting week with the goats.

On Tuesday, one of them chewed through the wire that connects the electric fence to the charger -on purpose? Could they really think this through?

On Wednesday, my Lily kept jumping INTO the fence and tangling herself, after freeing her countless times, she got herself stuck, and I could NOT unstick her. After a frantic call to DH, interrupting his conference, I had to cut the fence to free her...she immediately jumped back in.

Tonight they are not even pretending to sleep in their field, they are currently on the deck.

I should be bathing chickens...but I don't wanna.

3. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    LOL, sounds like a few of our sheep. I put him in, he comes back out. He see's the dog, he goes back in. He is up in the farmers field eatting the wheat.. oops!! No wonder he is so fat! i am surpirsed he can fit through the fence. we need a good solar charger. BF said he was going to hook it up to 240... Fried sheep anyone? lol

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  4. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

That's terrible!! Here's another hug [​IMG]
    Hmmm...Should I be re-thinking the whole goat thing?? I am not known for my patience.[​IMG]

5. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

Thats what I am thinking.. So now everyone is banned from the pond for a bit unless supervised.

And thank you everyone for your condolences.

6. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

Its been about ahhh 5-6 years since I have been there... so I may be there for a bit..

7. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My crystal ball sez that the one on the right will be white with black on the wings and hackles. Also black in the tail if a roo.

The one on the left almost looks blue. Does he/she look blue in real life, or is it more of a regular tan/brown chipmunk pattern?

8. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    http://www.ameraucana.org/history.html

The above link will explain a lot for you. The biggest difference is different breeds mixed together to make different colored eggs, EE,OE,rainbow eggers are essentially all the same. Which means they are mixes of a bunch of different breeds. EE are usually Ameraucauna crossed with pretty much any chicken. OE are a specific cross of Ameraucana and a dark brown egg layer. Rainbow layers are exactly what it sounds like, who knows what color eggs you will get from your birds.

2 people like this.
  9. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Stories like these are the exact reason I don't have goats.

10. rinlareine

rinlareine Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2013
    Apollo, PA
    They're both pullets, thank goodness. The one on the left its kind of a mishmash of every color. There's some gray, some weird browns, a bunch of tan, a tan patch on top of her head, and a little yellow. I think this picture is a bit better. (Is blue sort of like a gray?) She has a bit of a beard, too, I think.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by