Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Eric T-Run now and run fast, stay off of this sight! There are way tooooo many enablers here.
lau.gif
Build bigger, you wont regret it.
SilkieSensation-Do you have any 2-4 week EE's for sale?

I took some marginally better pictures of my "Ameraucanas". They're probably actually EE's and the feed store just gets them from a hatchery that falsely advertises, but do you guys have any idea what they're going to look like when they grow up? Turnip is mostly yellow, and looks sort of like she might be buff, but I've never had a buff chick and I don't really know. She's got some weird red and gray splotches on her back, if you can see them. Hortense is just a really fluffy chick (chipmunk?), and already bigger than Turnip if you can't tell.

Eric T-Run now and run fast, stay off of this sight! There are way tooooo many enablers here.
lau.gif
Build bigger, you wont regret it. SilkieSensation-Do you have any 2-4 week EE's for sale?
And you figured this out in a mere 50 posts, congratulations!
I took some marginally better pictures of my "Ameraucanas". They're probably actually EE's and the feed store just gets them from a hatchery that falsely advertises, but do you guys have any idea what they're going to look like when they grow up? Turnip is mostly yellow, and looks sort of like she might be buff, but I've never had a buff chick and I don't really know. She's got some weird red and gray splotches on her back, if you can see them. Hortense is just a really fluffy chick (chipmunk?), and already bigger than Turnip if you can't tell.
I'm betting they'll look like chickens.:lol:

I was thinking about this today.. Has any one ever stuck a thermometer and hydrometer under a broody and let it capture and record the temp/ humidity over the 21+/- day period? Then make a incubator that matches that. :) Or is that what those REALLY expensive bators already do? lol OOHHH! I KNOW! we could come up with and egg shaped sensor that records temp, humidity AND movement!! make it wireless and go to an app on a phone or to you computer, or make it have a usb to download info!!! can we patent this and sell it?
lau.gif

DD was having a " i am going to say NO to everything mom asks me to do today" kind of day. She is in bed.
bow.gif

Last edited:
Cute EEs!! I had one that sorta looked like that little buffish chick, here she is at 18ish weeks
dsc01938fh.jpg

I just had a casualty...

Earlier I let the ducks to the pond.. they came back with in an hr which I already knew something was up.. They where not acting right... So I did a head count on them... I was missing Dopy my crested pekin.... We had gone searching for him.. after some time we found him. He had floated to the end of the pond upside down.... :'( I couldn't find anything such as being shot... I think he may have been drowned by one of the ducks (unlikely) or by the geese.. (wild geese that are going to be nesting) I didnt think anything like this would happen! Nothing happened any of the other years.... And I am just dumbfounded. My heart is broken...............

I'm so so sorry :( hugs for you

she isn't molting is she?
UPdate, I checked her out closer tonight, felt around the vent area, and it looks ok, not swollen, and i felt around a bit, she didn't feel hard around the vent area, soft. Then i looked around her wings and and such, no mites or flees... Only thing i could see is what looks like some possible new feathers coming in, so I guess she is molting, she hasn't lost a lot of feathers, but looks off for sure. The evening got away from me, I will snap some pictures of her in the morning :) thanks for all the help!!

Hello all. I have 6 RIR's that are currently 2 weeks old. I am in the process of building a coop for them. I put together a 4x4 frame but am now wondering if that will be big enough. They will have a decent sized run plus free range time. What do you think?
just go bigger just in case!! HA!! I only wanted 4!!! HAHA
I just had a casualty...

Earlier I let the ducks to the pond.. they came back with in an hr which I already knew something was up.. They where not acting right... So I did a head count on them... I was missing Dopy my crested pekin.... We had gone searching for him.. after some time we found him. He had floated to the end of the pond upside down.... :'( I couldn't find anything such as being shot... I think he may have been drowned by one of the ducks (unlikely) or by the geese.. (wild geese that are going to be nesting) I didnt think anything like this would happen! Nothing happened any of the other years.... And I am just dumbfounded. My heart is broken...............
oh no!
sad.png
soo sorry!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom