Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. pagumby

pagumby Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2013
    Hummelstown, PA
    Eric T-Run now and run fast, stay off of this sight! There are way tooooo many enablers here. [​IMG] Build bigger, you wont regret it.
    SilkieSensation-Do you have any 2-4 week EE's for sale?

2. rinlareine

rinlareine Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2013
    Apollo, PA
    I took some marginally better pictures of my "Ameraucanas". They're probably actually EE's and the feed store just gets them from a hatchery that falsely advertises, but do you guys have any idea what they're going to look like when they grow up? Turnip is mostly yellow, and looks sort of like she might be buff, but I've never had a buff chick and I don't really know. She's got some weird red and gray splotches on her back, if you can see them. Hortense is just a really fluffy chick (chipmunk?), and already bigger than Turnip if you can't tell.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    And you figured this out in a mere 50 posts, congratulations!
    I'm betting they'll look like chickens.:lol:

4. rinlareine

rinlareine Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2013
    Apollo, PA
    Ahhh, that cleared everything up. [​IMG]

5. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    I was thinking about this today.. Has any one ever stuck a thermometer and hydrometer under a broody and let it capture and record the temp/ humidity over the 21+/- day period? Then make a incubator that matches that. :) Or is that what those REALLY expensive bators already do? lol OOHHH! I KNOW! we could come up with and egg shaped sensor that records temp, humidity AND movement!! make it wireless and go to an app on a phone or to you computer, or make it have a usb to download info!!! can we patent this and sell it? [​IMG]
    DD was having a " i am going to say NO to everything mom asks me to do today" kind of day. She is in bed. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  6. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Cute EEs!! I had one that sorta looked like that little buffish chick, here she is at 18ish weeks [​IMG]

7. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania

I'm so so sorry :( hugs for you

8. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    UPdate, I checked her out closer tonight, felt around the vent area, and it looks ok, not swollen, and i felt around a bit, she didn't feel hard around the vent area, soft. Then i looked around her wings and and such, no mites or flees... Only thing i could see is what looks like some possible new feathers coming in, so I guess she is molting, she hasn't lost a lot of feathers, but looks off for sure. The evening got away from me, I will snap some pictures of her in the morning :) thanks for all the help!!

9. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Does anyone need a serama cockerel? He's 16 weeks old and has been crowing since he was 5 weeks old... Manly man. Gentle and friendly. Has some of the birchen looking feathers in his neck.

10. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    just go bigger just in case!! HA!! I only wanted 4!!! HAHA
    oh no! [​IMG] soo sorry![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by