Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I thought this was funny...gave the girls their first canalope....cut it open in their pen (its open all day and their food is inside).....well, they were afraid of it....wouldn't go in their pen to get the crumble food...I had to hand feed them some seeds to get them to realize this is the good stuff...go figure.
Silly birds...LOL

Mine will eat anything & I literally mean ANYTHING!!! My cat brought me another little garter snake this morning. Sat it on the porch right outside the kitchen door. It was pretty beat up & wasn't going to make it & she was tired of playing with it. I took it over to the coop & dropped it in. A game of chicken football ensued as 17 hens ripped apart & ate a 2 ft long snake as big around as my little finger.

Sally & I have been busy today.
gig.gif

Silly birds...LOL

Mine will eat anything & I literally mean ANYTHING!!! My cat brought me another little garter snake this morning. Sat it on the porch right outside the kitchen door. It was pretty beat up & wasn't going to make it & she was tired of playing with it. I took it over to the coop & dropped it in. A game of chicken football ensued as 17 hens ripped apart & ate a 2 ft long snake as big around as my little finger.
I hope mine will be as adventurous when it comes to what they eat. I hate snakes!!! Thankfully my cats and the one dog usually kill them before I see them. Of course my son is obsessed with getting a pet snake someday....
hmm.png

:love For Blarney and the rest of you, here's the babies from yesterdays hatch . One big blonde and 3 little brown ones:) Blarney- I think the big blonde may be the mailman's kid......LMAO!! Gonna try to look at their wings in a little while, but one step at a time!!
These are soooo sweet! And a blonde! I'm so happy for you, I was wondering if you'd get one. No fence jumpers here, that baby is all Banty Cochin, I find that the Blondes color up better, at least mine do.

Oh my godddd. What's been going on here for the past week? There's hundred of new posts and I don't even know where to start reading. This was finals week for me at college so I sort of swore off the internet as best I could. What's up chicken-owners! I'm home free for the summer.
wee.gif
We just picked up our last chicks from the feed store today and they're so small they walk right through the older chick's legs. I've nicknamed them the Cotton Balls. Two little silver-laced wyandottes.

Back
Top Bottom