Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    hey guys! Just a quick pop on to wish everyone a Happy 4th!!!!

2. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Blarney, I have 10 out of 11 chicks....and yes, I am in chick heaven. I sat at that still air incubator for two days. Funny, everyone says DO NOT OPEN THE INCUBATOR NO MATTER WHAT!!! I had that humidity so high I HAD to keep opening it, those eggs were not drying out for sure. I did so many things wrong, and still got the best hatch ever. The only one that didn't make it was the egg I taped the hairline crack on. DO NOT DO THIS!!! The chick grows, but air seeps into the crack under the tape creating a huge air pocket, the chick never had a chance. Over all, I'm officially addicted, and already scouring for venture # 2: Serama eggs.
    I really hope your Cuckoo is feeling better. Really I have never heard of such a thing. I am new to this though.

3. Gardeningmama

Happy 4th of July, and nice to see you around again. Must be busy, busy, busy....

4. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

If there aren't pics, it didn't happen!

5. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

TOO Funny!

The Lemon c Orpington seems to be doing ok. (that's code for:she didn't die yet). I didn't even get a chance to soak her yesterday as we family was not willing to wait on such things before Parade and other festivities.

It's supposed to be blazing hot today so I may let the chooks out and about and hope that fox doesn't come around.

Oh, and without me giving DH's cell number out, COOP accepted me as a member, I guess they didn't need the number after all? I'm psyched! Philly is SO close to me. Thanks for the link, Maizy's Mom

Anxiously awaiting tomatoes here, anyone get any yet?

6. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    My tomatoe plants are TINY! And the tomatoes are pea-size! So I'll be getting mine for canning from the farmers market!

7. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Canning!? I'm jealous. Would love to can my own tomatoes. I've never done tomatoes before, only fruits for jellies, we just did Rasberries and the kids have been eyeing up the Blackberries!

I forgot to post this yesterday:

[​IMG]

This pic was taken in January. The Brown and Yellow Chicks in Front are both broody and sitting on eggs that are to hatch next week!

Hope everyone's 4th was awesome. We ran out of propane. The store where we fill ours was closed, it's now 7pm, everyone starving and grumpy, decided to broil steaks in the oven (table is set, drinks n salads out, dessert made) and the oven door shattered. The glass panel on the inside of the oven actually popped and shattered all over the place. We went out to eat. This morning the the table is still set. Crock pot ideas anyone?

8. maizy'smom

maizy'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Oh, honey! Sounds like the old "if it weren't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck" routine. As for crock pot recipes, how about pulled pork?

mm

1 person likes this.
  9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Can we make (or is there already?) a list of what everyone here breeds and where they are located so that those of us looking for chicks/eggs can find them?

10. Gardeningmama

RIGHT YOU ARE!!! Excuse the blur, they just haven't gotten the whole "Say Cheese" thing down pat yet.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by