Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Feed mills sell their own fresh ground feed. Once He gets home, I'll grab the tag off the bag so I can tell you what my mix is.

Thanks. I am trying to find a feed mill around here. I am close to Mount Pocono and Stroudsburg. Willing to travel 45 to 1 hour away, north Jersey or upstate New York would be a comsideration too. Thanks everyone:D

Thanks. I am trying to find a feed mill around here. I am close to Mount Pocono and Stroudsburg. Willing to travel 45 to 1 hour away, north Jersey or upstate New York would be a comsideration too. Thanks everyone:D
Not sure if it's too far for you or not, but I get my organic feed from a woman in Blue Bell, Whitpain Township, Montgomery County. Her email is [email protected]. She is listed on the COOP forum as well. (COOP is Chicken Owners Outside Phila. That one is www.chickenowners.com) She, Marie, is a great resource. She even delivers to my house since I am on her regular route. Hope something works out for you.

mm

Haven't checked her yet this morning, but our Lemon Cuckoo Orp is doing much better as of yesterday. The amount of time I'm investing into soaking this chicken each day to keep her vent area clean is ridiculous. I did get some good information about treating the prolapse. I soaked her for 20 minutes in a warm tub and slathered the egg with honey (I know, right? honey) the egg slid back in... for about 30 seconds. The next morning we were back to where we started. I soaked her again, the egg loosened, came out, but I couldn't get the egg duct back inside. Yesterday I soaked her and slathered her with Preparation H, last night it looked like her innards were staying in. Worst case scenerio, my neighbor will cull her for me if need be so that I don't have to drive all the way to New Holland for just one chicken to be processed.

Maizy's Mom, Loved the Coop Website, but it wouldn't let me join without entering a 'Valid Cell Number'. I don't like to give out my cell number. Apparently they can figure out when you enter an 'Invalid Cell Number', so I'm contemplating putting DH's in. Does anyone ever actually call your cell? And why won't they take a land line number?

Gardening.... how many babies do you have now?? Are you in chickie heaven?

My leghorn cockerel (17 weeks) has decided he's a big boy. He's started chasing one of my red pullets (same age) he tried to breed her today...I actually had to go check, cause she was flattened out on the ground!:rolleyes: He chased her all around the yard, through the bush (twice) and through the coop....lol

Haven't checked her yet this morning, but our Lemon Cuckoo Orp is doing much better as of yesterday. The amount of time I'm investing into soaking this chicken each day to keep her vent area clean is ridiculous. I did get some good information about treating the prolapse. I soaked her for 20 minutes in a warm tub and slathered the egg with honey (I know, right? honey) the egg slid back in... for about 30 seconds. The next morning we were back to where we started. I soaked her again, the egg loosened, came out, but I couldn't get the egg duct back inside. Yesterday I soaked her and slathered her with Preparation H, last night it looked like her innards were staying in. Worst case scenerio, my neighbor will cull her for me if need be so that I don't have to drive all the way to New Holland for just one chicken to be processed.

Maizy's Mom, Loved the Coop Website, but it wouldn't let me join without entering a 'Valid Cell Number'. I don't like to give out my cell number. Apparently they can figure out when you enter an 'Invalid Cell Number', so I'm contemplating putting DH's in. Does anyone ever actually call your cell? And why won't they take a land line number?

Gardening.... how many babies do you have now?? Are you in chickie heaven?
Gosh, I didn't know they did that. I joined just over a year ago and I can't specifically recall what they asked for, but I do know they have never called me on any phone line. It is not as big a population as BYC, and the answers to general forum questions are not as promptly answered as they are here, but the personal email responses are very prompt, friendly, helpful and informative. And they are more geographically pertinent. There is a page with useful youtube clips, (that's where I found the design for my light bulb/cinder block/water heater.) and a page of useful links, like breeders, supply companies, Henderson's chicken chart, and local municipal codes. I hope it works out for you. I have found it very helpful.

mm

Back
Top Bottom