Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    While we are talking a about sweet little roosters with some color issues, I have a Blue Andalusian that is the sweetest boy. He has to spots of red leakage below each earlobe. I was devastated when I saw it :-(

2. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Just testing this to see if I can upload... having trouble uploading pics. ARRRRGH!

[​IMG]

3. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    you sure can, and might i add, fine fashion with the big boy[​IMG]

4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    What a handsome boy Blarney!!!

Scooby, don't you just hate it when that happens!! UGH! My problem is all of my beautiful silkie pullets keep turning in to roos!!!

5. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I am told I have to drive an hour and a half to find a place to process chickens, and it will cost about $4.00 each. Is that normal? Both distance and cost.
    Has anyone used Mowrey's Poultry?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  6. WMDAVIS99

WMDAVIS99 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2009
    Sinking Spring PA
    All ads must be in the Buy Sell Trade forum, please.

I posted an ad in the Buy Sell Trade Forum. If anyone is interested in adopting two male Ducks check it out and PM me. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  7. Jeff18930

Jeff18930 New Egg

Apr 9, 2012
    Bucks County, PA
    Anyone know where I might be able to rent a basic chicken plucker for a day? I'm located in upper Bucks county. I did see that someone very local offers an entire processing trailer, but it's a bit much; I only have 10 birds to process.

Thanks,
    Jeff

8. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello All!! It's been a busy weekend and I have neglected to give a much needed THANK-YOU. Saturday MsLadyHawk went to visit Rodriguezpoultry and played taxi cab for me. Rodriguez sent back six beautiful D'Uccles, and I couldn't be happier. MsLadyHawk THANK YOU, they got to me safely, and thanks for your hours of driving (I wonder what you came back with to do all that driving)? My DH would never have let me go that far, so you made it possible. Rodriguez, I hope you're enjoying your roomier coop, DH just finished my new one tonight.

For Both Of You Crazy Chicken Ladies, here's that big kiss I promised:

[​IMG] [​IMG] K I S S [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thank You, Thank You,
    GardeningMama

9. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    I got a guy who processes for me $1.30/bird. He's in Ephrata if that helps anyone.

1 person likes this.
  10. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

just posted my first classified in Chicks 1 day to 8 weeks old, Reading / Lebanon area here. If you're looking for something to add to your flock,, check it out !

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by