Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. bantams4mom

bantams4mom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 26, 2012
    I am interested in any bantams! I need to get friends for my mom's hen. We just lost our last rooster and she lost her other hen and rooster months ago.

2. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I went to the county fair tonight. I FINALLY see the attraction to bantams! Oh my goodness they are so adorable!!
    I have a question, though. In the standards, there were a LOT of chickens labeled "pullet" with shiny saddle feathers. I thought that was just roosters? if it helps, they were RIR, BO, and LH.

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Sent you a PM

4. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Motorcycle Chick, very interesting observation. I'm headed to the Goshen Fair this week. I'll have to check it out!

Bantams4mom, where are you?

5. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Oh, you're very welcome. It was a pretty ride, and I enjoyed seeing Rodriguez and her chickies. I brought home a cute little boyfriend for my blue bantam langshan girl "Violet". [​IMG]

6. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    tomorrow is lockdown for my MF Bantam cochins and 3 extra special bantam langshan eggs :)

Please send hatching dust by the truck load!!!!

7. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Hoping someone has some insight on your observation,,,, I have 2 French Black Copper Marans that I was certain were pullets and they are very much colored like their sibling roo brothers, even have some copper feathering over their backs... I've never seen any hens with as much coloration as these birds have, many can't even get the copper to show on the neck and these have color to spare.

Anyone have any insight on this situition ??? [​IMG]

8. bantams4mom

bantams4mom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 26, 2012
    Blarney
    I'm in between Harrisburg and Gettysburg....near Hanover. Where are you? Is anyone down in my area?

9. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    I'm just north of you. I'm in Gardners.

10. cytorath

cytorath Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2012
    Altoona, PA
    Yes, I still have them and yes, I'm okay with processing chickens. I've never done it before, but a guy I work with is a 'chicken guru' and he's talked me through the process a couple of times. I'm not squemish, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

I originally built my coop for a dozen and then a neighbor wasn't able to keep her five. Space is okay right now, but with fall approaching and winter not far behind, I would like to be down to 12 before then.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by