Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I know the purists may not like this, but I've been playing with my lemon cuckoo and BBS orpingtons. This girl is close to where I hope to end up. Lots of yellow/blues I don't really want hatch, too, unfortunately.

Ray,, you are getting scary.....fashion advice,,,,,alcohol advice, and now you are playing with the girls.....slow down there..
And the jeans cause pain when on scars,,,,,I would be naked if the law would let me....
I am barely 5 feet tall, I shop in the kids section, really limits things

I know the purists may not like this, but I've been playing with my lemon cuckoo and BBS orpingtons. This girl is close to where I hope to end up. Lots of yellow/blues I don't really want hatch, too, unfortunately.

looks like a partridge, i have one very close to this hen, but mine is half lemon orp. and half mf cochin, accident, not my doing, but shes pretty

I should have explained a little more in that rant.....problem for me is the low cut of today's jeans....after numerous surgeries my stomachs looks like a treasure map...most jeans that I try seem to fall right across all those scars..
If you are saying about it hurting you, how about checking out Motherhood maternity! I got a pair of sweat pants from there, and they are the most comfortable EVER! Now that was when I was preggers, about 9 years ago, still love them with the bleach stain on them. There cloths are also very soft and made well, again 9 years ago, but I couldn't imagine that changed much, and they always had a sale rack when I went :)
I am NO EXPERT

but my chickens have enjoyed melons when it was hot...........watermelon, cantelope,

they have enjoyed chopped up small apples and pears
cucumbers, raisins,

I mix rolled oats in their feed sometimes.

They loved their crumbles mixed with applesauce.............

they like grapes cut up smaller for them.............

they didn't really touch the shredded carrots I offered or even some broccoli.............although I have heard that some peoples chickens have enjoyed these items.....also tomatoes and green peppers ---they just seemed less interested............

they ate a bit of rice too..........

I heard that pumpkins are good for them too......................I have to find some lower cost pumpkins...............I think I read the seeds help as a natural dewormer...............

I offered scrambled eggs one day..........and they didn't seem interested...............

that's my report so far!
Oh! Foodies!! My girls in the last week have gotten pumpkin (Raw Insides & Seeds) Peaches, Tomatoes, Lettuce, White Watermelon, They are in heaven I think, But they always go for the scratch 1st, Oh well! :) When I get home in the evenings there is nothing left. :)

LittleMissPurdy, why the AcV and yeast? So they have healthier fermented foods now? I've been hearing a lot about them lately for our health.

Does anyone know if feeding onions or garlic will create an "off" taste in eggs? I know that it can effect cow milk taste. Thanks!
I have given then onions and garlic, i didnt notice anything, not that I gave them a lot of it. :)

Going to Shady Maple on Monday for my birthday,,,,anyone care to join...
Oh I so wish! Have fun and Happy birthday! :D

The RUN is DONE. Well except for the paint. And the bird netting. Ok. Maybe it's not done.

Chicken wire from top to bottom, sandwiched between furring strips. Walls are braced in each corner, and this thing is quite stiff and solid.

And we got the window into the coop. It's looking pretty finished at this point, which is good because we'll need to be housing...

Many thanks to MsLadyhawke for these lovely girls.

...or are they girls? the tall one in the back of last pic doesn't seem to have a tail. I'm told that's a very rooster trait in Langshans. The other two look just like our previous langshan trio.

Back
Top Bottom