Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Brittany! Thanks! Looks great!

My first two walls are up!

And we had a piece of plywood the previous owners left in the shed, so I should have all four walls up by this weekend, yay! :weee

Here's another sort of early question I have. Do chickens go outside in the winter time? I've gotten mixed results in other forums because the answer obviously varies place to place. I got cold hardy breeds (buff Orpington and speckled Sussex) and I'm in southeastern pa (average winter temps of around 35 degrees and usually don't go under 20 too often). I'm wondering if they still go out in the run/free range or if they just stay in the coop

Hundreds of mink were released in Cambria township. I don't think anyone lives in that area, but the people responsible may move on to the other mink farms in PA. There are three others. The place hit said they are worried they will be hit again.

Hundreds of mink were released in Cambria township. I don't think anyone lives in that area, but the people responsible may move on to the other mink farms in PA. There are three others. The place hit said they are worried they will be hit again.
. So now the animal huggers are thinking they are doing right by releasing carnivorous animals into an environment they have no idea how to survive in??? What an idiot move!!

Here's another sort of early question I have. Do chickens go outside in the winter time? I've gotten mixed results in other forums because the answer obviously varies place to place. I got cold hardy breeds (buff Orpington and speckled Sussex) and I'm in southeastern pa (average winter temps of around 35 degrees and usually don't go under 20 too often). I'm wondering if they still go out in the run/free range or if they just stay in the coop
Mike:

This is my first year, but my understanding is that they will mostly be out and about if allowed...Mine are also cold hardy...I think if it gets too cold, they will pile up in a scrum....I have a tarp over the first 7ft of their run to make sure they alway have a dry spot to hang...I also have a couple of perches so they can sit on...I am also thinking about adding a side tarp to create a wind/snow break....

. So now the animal huggers are thinking they are doing right by releasing carnivorous animals into an environment they have no idea how to survive in??? What an idiot move!!

Bet there will be alot of folks trapping those critters...

Sometimes I don't understand the logic of these people. Most the minks will starve to death and those that are trapped will probably face more gruesome deaths than they were originally faced with. Not to mention they're a threat to our HUMANE chickens if they do learn how to eat

Back
Top Bottom