Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hundreds of mink were released in Cambria township. I don't think anyone lives in that area, but the people responsible may move on to the other mink farms in PA. There are three others. The place hit said they are worried they will be hit again.

This is close to me and it has most people truly upset. Alot of small farms there with chickens. Local news reports that a dog was attacked by one of the loose mink.
Not to mention they(ANIMAL LIBERATION FRONT) have ruined these farmers livelyhood. The mink farmers said that they didn't the mink would survive in the wild. Only time will tell.

Classic L-Beam constucted legs. These should resist deformation in both axes, making it a good choice. Brittany, are the cinderblocks dug into the ground? Did you pour concrete for these posts? How big is the coop?

i just dug them down enough so that the top of the block was level with the top of the ground. so when i put my bottom boards on and the wire it was all even...if i remember tomorrow i will uncover one and take a picture.... my coop is the size of a large pallet. I used on for the base...I think it was like 5x4.5 i dont remember anymore..

Brittany, I love your avatar. Is that a Merle Dane? We've got a blue.

The minks being released is infuriating, 'Animal Liberation Front' bullying the Pelting industry. And why? Because in their opinion People shouldn't wear fur? Should we also not eat meat? Does this act help their cause somehow? I don't see how. They're like wound up, angry teenagers lashing out, vandalizing and destroying. This really pisses me off.

Brittany, I love your avatar. Is that a Merle Dane? We've got a blue.

The minks being released is infuriating, 'Animal Liberation Front' bullying the Pelting industry. And why? Because in their opinion People shouldn't wear fur? Should we also not eat meat? Does this act help their cause somehow? I don't see how. They're like wound up, angry teenagers lashing out, vandalizing and destroying. This really pisses me off.

Yeah she is a blue merle... she is in heat at the moment. We are breeding her next week so we should have puppies around Christmas! !!:fl:weee

Are you repainting these or keeping the "yard sale"? In my opinion you can't go wrong either way, it would make an interesting design

I will be painting over the "yard sale" sign. If I had 4 acres and no close neighbors, I'd leave it as it is. But on our 1/4 acre lot in suburbia, it will be much "prettier", I hope!

That's very sad that those farmers lost all their mink. And it surely will be upsetting to the surrounding communities and the natural habitat.

Off to do some yard sale-ing, hope to find some more items for the coop!

People dont realize that setting animals like that free and going to end up dieing anyway by getting picked off by other animals, they are gonna starve or learn to pick off other animals and upset the whole eco system. Not even the people s property they destroyed and their lively hood.

I get some people are against stuff but thats what alot of animals are rasied for their products and meat. As along as they are treated right and humanly put down.

Hello!! I have to unfortunately sell my beautiful Buff Chantecler Rooster. He is gorgeous. If anyone is interested please contact me with an offer. He is one of a kind and a really rare bird. I will send pics to responses. Thank you!!
big_smile.png

Now I am really curious what a black frizzle would do to that mix of color....I sense some spring time experiments.....the boy that I have comes from a mixed pen where all colors were running together, so hard to say what be is gonna throw
Typically, black is dominant unless there was a cross to create the black. If your roo is black covering another color (blue, white, red, etc) then the black will only show up 25-50% of the time. If your roo is black/black then you will likely get all black until you cross those babies back to another color & let the underlying color come out.

Hello!! I have to unfortunately sell my beautiful Buff Chantecler Rooster. He is gorgeous. If anyone is interested please contact me with an offer. He is one of a kind and a really rare bird. I will send pics to responses. Thank you!!
big_smile.png

Post a pic here if you can.

Back
Top Bottom