Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Hezz

Hezz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    Poconos, Pennsylvania
    Thanks so much gardeningmama! I'll have to check them out. [​IMG]

2. Hezz

Hezz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    Poconos, Pennsylvania
    Hi Myerstown!! [​IMG]

3. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Sister lays an extra large "pink"/cream colored egg, and I think your GLW should lay a white egg,, pretty sure the silver laced lays a white egg, guessing the gold's will as well,, but, not certain

4. maizy'smom

maizy'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Please don't forget that mixing bleach and ammonia is DEADLY, to you and to animals and birds. A friend of mine almost knocked herself out by cleaning the cat's scratch box with bleach. In a closed space, like a bathroom or a coop, the chemical reaction can kill you in just a minute. I don't mean to add to your troubles, but better safe than sorry?

mm

5. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Okay. You see the egg. Who the hell laid it? I've been thinking it's sister's. Brown with speckles. Unless the egg corilates with the chickens, than **** I'm gonna have 8 brown eggs with white speckles a day lol [​IMG]

6. Ray from PA

Are they black sexlink chicks ?

7. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    IDK. They are found in a parking lot and needed a home quick chicks.

8. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

OH My Goodness! MM! Thank you for posting this, I had never even considered the ammonia in the feces (I assume this is where the ammonia is coming from in this equation.

I start MOST days cleaning a urine filled area with bleach and Lysol, it has never occurred to me that I was putting myself in danger. So THAT'S where all m brain cells have gone. At least now I know.

Oh, and for those who are wondering ~incontinent Great Dane. She is the bane of my existence somedays. And on other days....I don't know what I'll do when she's gone.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  9. Ray from PA

Looking like black sexlink to me,,, the dot on the head means ROO,,, I have pullets to go with them......LOL.... hence, one more coop needed....LOL

Almost certain it's not Sister's egg, although she should have laid for by now, her eggs were always cream colored, large, and elongated, very nice egg.

Maybe someone here can tell us what color egg a GLW lays,,, I just bought them for their color...

10. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I went and looked at that thread and they were all sending them to an untimely death. I'm not on the same mentality. He can swing $10 and get the chickens some antibiotics for the sake of your daughters.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by