Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Mine has informed me in no uncertain terms no more animals! Of course when I told my mother she had to come see the birds...she asked if I had birds now too, I'm like...umm...yeah Mom...chickens and ducks are..BIRDS! Step-daughter is coming to take the rabbit away..so what's the conversion of chickens to rabbits? 10 chickens = 1 rabbit, right?

2. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    I guess I'm lucky I have my daughter blame it on when we get more chickens! I don't have to tell the DH my 3 yr old goes daddy daddy guess what I got MORE CHICKENS!! And with that he is fine cause he knows she loves her chickens!! Gotta love having a 3 yr old to help with your obsession :D

1 person likes this.
  3. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    I'm not sure if you got an answer about the eggs... But as long as they are on antibiotics, you would want to discard the eggs. Unfortunately, there have been no studies on withholding periods with antibiotics and eggs. But I have read to discard eggs for at least 7-14 days after you are finished w/antibiotics. So, if they are on anitbiotics for the rest of their lives... you should not eat the eggs ever. That may be why the other forum advised you to cull. I'm not saying cull, just saying.. [​IMG]

4. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Wow, nice...............Kinda think I'll wait till I start getting more eggs to compare. Accosting chicken butts doesn't seem like something I really wanna do. lol

5. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I had heard a similar number of days. I was told 21 days after you stop antibiotics. [​IMG]

6. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

tell him you feel a pregnancy coming on, that'll shut'm up.

We hit #50 with the chickens today.

7. Yayah

Yayah Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    Northwest Pennsylvania
    Longtime lurker, & I actually can't remember if I've bothered to introduce myself yet! NW Pennsylvania here (Meadville area, anyone?).
    Have a small, indulgent, ornamental, backyard pet flock.
    They aren't pulling their weight, but they make me laugh. [​IMG] And isn't that all that matters? Haha.
    Here's a pic of the Babe staring down my EE...

[​IMG]

Nice to meetcha all!
    P.S. I got a real craving for dippy eggs about 3 pages back!! [​IMG]

8. Goober1201

Goober1201 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2012
    Apollo Pa, 15613
    hahaha...My family if from Meadville area. Hi and nice to meet ya.

9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Most of my birds are from Meadville!

10. Goober1201

Goober1201 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2012
    Apollo Pa, 15613
    Sooo, wanted to give yenz and update. I have put my little girls back in the pen..[​IMG] I was checking my older girls and noticed all my older girls sept for 2 have the smell snot. So I'm just gonna treat them all. They were all so upset last night and this morning when I was separating them. I don't think the will ever come to me again..lol. I'm gonna say a BIG BIG prayer that god is gonna help my girls and they are gonna be ok. As for my 3 eggs that might hatch on the 3rd... well think I'm gonna have to bring momma on the porch. Just to keep the babies safe.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by