Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Hi! I'm not from Meadville, but an active chicken goer. Welcome aboard!

2. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Why did you put the lil girls back in general population? I would still keep them separate. If they are the carriers and it sounds like, I would keep them all apart and treat them. IDK if that is proper, but I wouldn't put them all together if there is a chance the younger ones may have to go if they have it bad. Treat them all, and your older gals should rebound quicker. And being you just cleaned the coop and run and all. [​IMG] <---------------If I had hair! And for all you women that have made the DH comments. LOL dang women!

3. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    And you know!? I was in the pen tonight talking to the girls. They were all talking, I just couldn't understand. As I sat on the bucket holding my GLW I looked at the rest and said, " You know I'd like to know who is laying that one egg a day, and I was told if I stick three fingers up your butt I can figure out who is laying. So lets make it easy for all of us and why don't you all start laying so I don't have to do that and you don't have to go through that!" The looks I got were a lot like the one on my avatar right now. It was that look of " Your gonna do what!?"

4. Chicky Dee

Chicky Dee Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Has anyone had eggs shipped in from other states? I am looking at an auction on ebay and I wanted to make sure it wouldn't be a problem.
    Thanks for any info

5. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I have several times. Hatch rate on shipped eggs generally runs at or below 50%. I would ask them about there packaging. It can make a difference....

6. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    LOL! ON their bottoms. if threatening to stick your fingers in works, though...

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    What symptoms are you seeing? Coryza has a smell. A very awful smell.

8. Yayah

Yayah Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    Northwest Pennsylvania
    I guess I had heard there was a silkie breeder somewhere local. Is that where they're from?

I just picked up a birchen cohin bantam roo at our Crawford County Fair last week, so he's quarantining-it-up right now! Haha.

9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    There are a few up there. Twin Maple and Obsessively are two of them. My opringtons and brahma are also for there.

10. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

my rate has varied from 0 to 70%, packaging, temperature, and distance seem to all be factors.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by