Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

REMIND ME !!!! about the pineapple jelly over the weekend...........will take some digging to get that one out..

My business is mostly word of mouth,,,we only got set up this year to do large amounts at one time...I will have to work on marketing this summer,,, hubby does not like the idea of adveretising, we have had people in the past order than back out on pick up....and I am not very good at pushing things,,,if someone bulks at the price, I just tell them to go elsewhere,,,all though I get the feeling these are the folks that want something for nothing..... mmust work on those people skills...

pictures or it does not exist.....
bun.gif

hey I will have a kitchen to remodel if we ever move,,,that place is stuck in the 1920's,,,literally,,,father in law has been there at least 60 years and does not believe in change,,, getting the picture..
084691256533.jpg
My stove is pretty much like this one, but a couple years older. I love it. Sorry about the enormous picture. I can't get it to go any smaller.

I got a pressure cooker for Christmas (thank you very much, future son in law!) and am now shopping for the canner. What brand do you recommend? And why did the water bath canner kit say not to use it on a glass top stove? That is what I have.
I recommend the All American because of the added safety features (including six locks!) and the metal on metal seal means no rubber to fuss about. The dial gauge must be checked yearly. The AA has an additional removable weighted gauge. It allows for more accurate pressure.

Quote: Nice stove! I just put my stove (1934) out in the garage. My newer stove (bought for the other house three years ago) is thankfully not a glass top. I have been interested in canning for several years, but never would have known to not get a glass top.
I have a gas stove (I am guessing also from the 30's) in the basement. All I have to do is hook up a tank. Is gas better for canning?

No gas here. Not natural gas, anyway. We do have a gas log in the family room that uses propane. The Coleman camp stove sounds interesting. Off to Google pressure canners, camp stoves, and chicken breeds. I think I am narrowing down my wish list.

Back
Top Bottom