Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Goober1201

Goober1201 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2012
    Apollo Pa, 15613

I tell you what, I would sooo be LMAO and beating your *** right now if you were sitting near me..lmbo

2. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    People ask me why I spend so much time in the chicken pen. As long as I keep their beds nice, food a plenty and clean water. they stay happy! Than again I do have one that she pecks me regardless, the one in the pic! Kinda reminds me of my ex! LOL no matter if she has everything she still pecks [​IMG]

3. Goober1201

Jul 11, 2012
    Apollo Pa, 15613
    hahaha, your to much. lol [​IMG]

4. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Ok, all...I know I've been told no more animals....but this one is HIS fault! He forwarded me an email from Whitmore Farms. For those of you who don't know, Whitmore Farms is known for their Wellsummers, they raise some of the best SOP Wellies out there. They are located just south of us in MD. Anyway...they are doing a fall hatch, and actually selling the day olds, which they rarely do (in the fall). There is a minimum of 6 chicks for an on farm pickup, so I'm going to go get some!

Who wants in? Let me know how many you want, and where you're located so we can figure out somewhere to meet and exchange chicks for $$ Chicks are $6 each, no markup.

5. bruceh

bruceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    hanover pa
    hello all again. if you have any chicken questions please feel free to ask. i live near hanover pa. if i don't know the answer i won't lie to you. however if i don't the answer, i can always ask someone i know to get the answer. if you are in the area of hanover, york, new oxford etc. i buy my feed from hookie mills. 9.50 for 50 lbs. very good feed. i have used them for some time and works very well.
    also whitmore farms is a great hatchery. very informative people. also another great place for meat birds and no b.s. layers is mt-di poutry ..
    if you want to keep your chickens resistant to illness . please put some apple cider vinegar with mother in their drinking water. about a tablespoon a gallon or so. you can not overdose them. this help with good ph balance in their system and help with nutriant uptake. for those of you who love those eggs, this helps keeping them laying.

my spelling is not to good sorry.( baltimore school system)

bruce

6. bruceh

bruceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    hanover pa
    @msdcpc if you want i have very nice rhode island red rooster to go with your barred rock to create black sex links. prolific egg layers. i don;t want to kill this cockerel . he is a good boy even tempered. quite social. if you don;t want him maybe someone else can use him. i also have some columbian rock cross that are very good also. slaughter day is september 7.

7. Goober1201

Jul 11, 2012
    Apollo Pa, 15613
    Ive been doing some on line looking [​IMG]. Ive found so many things on this CORYZA that every one says my girls have. But they ARE eating and drinking fine, and they are NOT looking depressed, or falling to one side or hunched over. So I'm getting confused. grrr

8. Goober1201

Jul 11, 2012
    Apollo Pa, 15613

I just found out that the NORMAL smell for CORYZA is a rotten egg type smell. Well My girls have more of a... this is a TMI comment, but its more of a dirty underwear smell?..lol. I'm sooo confused right now.

9. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    You are killing me! Are any of the CRCRX pullets? The shortened version of my chicken story is that I thought all birds were gross, no desire whatsoever for chickens. TSC visit had me going home with six CRCRX. Five boys! Then chicken math started. Butcher day is the fourth. All five boys are going. That leaves one lone white bird with 19 colored girls. I was thinking I would look for some laying CRCRX. You are just too far. I no longer have time to travel more than 30 miles.[​IMG]Then again, you could have been saying they are all cockerels. Please say they are, and put me out of my misery.
    Goober, when I got my EE and Production Red, they had a funny smell. Especially Cadburry (EE). I got them from a trusted source, they have never had any problems (other than Cadburry's cross beak, and Red grew a big comb. Funny looking pullet. She even crows!) and everyone is about five - months - old. I can't remember the smell, but you have me wondering. Kinda late for me to be worried three months later.

10. Goober1201

Jul 11, 2012
    Apollo Pa, 15613

Well, I know my girls kinda smell like dirty panties.. I know that is so wrong to say, but that's what it smells like. Like someone that has not taken a bath in forever with out the BO smell. Ive worked in homes so unfortunately I know this smell. But they all seem fine other than that smell and gooey noses. I was told to cull cull cull, but I have yet to do so, to try and treat my girls is what I want to do. A friend of a friends vet cam out today and she is NOT a bird vet nor a livestock vet, but she said its most likely Coryza. But yet if that's it they should be plopping over and depressed and smell like rotten eggs. And my girls are not doing any of that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by