Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Well, I called the dept of AG. I'm sad to say I called on the old owner who gave me my new girls. I'm just glad I went to his house so I know were to send them. He will be at the chicken swap this weekend. I HATE confrontations! What do I do? I don't want anyone else go threw what I am. I cant even afford to buy new girls and boys. I am out of meat and eggs for the winter, well at least free meat and free eggs. This is so much so fast. I wish a had the cahoonas to go up to him and smack him. or anyone for the matter. I am going to cull all my girls and save up for the spring, I hope. I pray no one else buys anymore birds off of this man. Hes not even a bad person he is so nice. But he will not admit to what it is.
hit.gif
what swap? if hes selling sick birds, you should tell people and save them the heart ache

what swap? if hes selling sick birds, you should tell people and save them the heart ache
x2

LOTS of people go to these swaps and don't realize what they are bringing in.

Goober, is there any way you can cull just one and send it for a necropsy to be sure that is what it is before you make any rash decisions?

the one in Delmont Pa, at the tractor supply. I did email who ever always post the ads on craigslist. And I called tractor supply and told them also. I feel so bad though.. should I feel this bad? This man has over 700 hundred birds, ducks, geese, turkey chickens, turkens etc. And I know he does this for income. He is a nice man, but he needs to get them tested.

where do I send one to have that done and how much do you think it is? The vet that came here today ..who was not a bird or livestock vet... said it was probably the coryza, but there is no smell of death or rotten eggs, there is a smell but not like that and no one has stopped drinking or eating. But I am being told to cull cull cull, that's why I just posted if anyone wanted to have my girls if they are dealing with the same thing and are ok with it, if its a closed farm.

where do I send one to have that done and how much do you think it is? The vet that came here today ..who was not a bird or livestock vet... said it was probably the coryza, but there is no smell of death or rotten eggs, there is a smell but not like that and no one has stopped drinking or eating. But I am being told to cull cull cull, that's why I just posted if anyone wanted to have my girls if they are dealing with the same thing and are ok with it, if its a closed farm.

I know they do it here at PSU for (I think) $35. You can ship it on ice.

and again, thanks for all the help and kind words, I cant type and say that enough, this is very hard on me and my 2 girls right now. And I'm so thankful for all the help from everyone on this thread. The other thread i posted they other day on a different form... oh my it had me freaking out and in tears, still in tears just not freaking out as bad.

the one in Delmont Pa, at the tractor supply. I did email who ever always post the ads on craigslist. And I called tractor supply and told them also. I feel so bad though.. should I feel this bad? This man has over 700 hundred birds, ducks, geese, turkey chickens, turkens etc. And I know he does this for income. He is a nice man, but he needs to get them tested.
drat, i wanted to go to that one but not if i take a chance on making mine sick.

Back
Top Bottom