Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Goober1201

Goober1201 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2012
    Apollo Pa, 15613
    I dont know really, one time I saw him in a red beat up truck and the next time he was driving a silver work truck.

2. Goober1201

Jul 11, 2012
    Apollo Pa, 15613
    well, I can go and be there in the am, and I will let the tractor supply people know if he is there. If that helps. I loved going there on Sundays also.

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    717-787-8808 -- Pennsylvania Veterinary Lab, PA Department of Ag

814-863-0837 -- Animal Diagnostics Lab, Penn State

610-444-5800 -- New Bolton Center, University of Pennsylvania

4. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Speaking of TSC swaps, there is a Tractor Swap @ the one in Clearfield. The guy said they will be swapping everything, so if you live around Clearfield, and have birds or farm equipment/parts to get rid of, the event is Sept. 15th from nine to one (I think).
    I asked if birds must be individually crated. I was told to ask another clerk. I was horrified by what she said!
    I know people on here show their birds, and no one has ever mentioned killing the bird, and burning the crate at the end of the show! She said every show she goes to requires it! I am all for keeping it clean, but geez! Quarantine works too!

5. bruceh

bruceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    hanover pa
    @motorcyclechick if you are referring to the columbian rock cross they are both cockerals and 1 rhode island red boy. all even tempered very sweet and social. you can see the columbian rock cross on mt healthy hatchery. these are not the cornish cross birds a/k/a/ meaties. all though g-d knows i have enough of them also 32 of them at 2 days old. i also have rangers 20 of them.
    do you have any interest in hatching? your white bird pullet x rhode island red rooster would produce a red sex link. however you will have cockerels as well as pullets. if you have any barred rock, the barred rock x rhode island red rooster will produce a black sex link which are prolific layers.
    just all depends on what your goal is. you can always p.m. me

6. bruceh

bruceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    hanover pa
    @goober what the heck is going on. please p.m. me so i can help you with your birds. if we can lets save them. i would start with apple cider vineger in the water. this will help with electrolytes and start to culture the bowels. please tell me of the eyes of the birds. what does the poop look like. look up poop chart for chickens. also what is the feed you are using?

just some advice for everyone. it is advised never to buy chickens at a swap or auction. these birds are either culls from a breeder or unwanted for a number of reasons. if you do buy from these type of places or add a bird to an existing flock always and i mean always quarantine those new birds for no less than 30 days.
    there are number of illness spread form flock to flock from bird to bird.

7. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Missy, this is SOOO tempting! But I am determined NOT to bring any new birds on my property. I REALLY want Welsummers. Any chance you'll be breeding, and I can just buy eggs from you?

Patrick, I'm not so sure my daughter would be on board for me using HER lipstick on my chickens vents. Let me know how that works out for ya.:lol:

Mamma2my: Right on top of things with those phone numbers. Kudos!

8. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Blarney, yes, that's why I'm going ahead with getting chicks again..I need a roo for my girls...when I got them in the spring..I asked for girls only..and he kindly gave me what I asked for!

9. Goober1201

Jul 11, 2012
    Apollo Pa, 15613
    thanks soooo much!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. Goober1201

Jul 11, 2012
    Apollo Pa, 15613

I sent you a PM, I just starrted them on ACV the other day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by