Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    i wish i still could ride, but with my bones and age, its just not possible, i would love to have him, but since i can't, i bought mini's[​IMG]
  2. Goober1201

Goober1201 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2012
    Apollo Pa, 15613
    Aww, that is a shame, I have been looking for my boy for years also. He was YES stolen about 10 years ago. And the cops did nothing, kinda laughed at me. Happened right near Apollo area. I kinda gave up these last few years, its a bit heart breaking. Your boy is so beautifully. I hope for the best for you and him. I have not owned another horse since my boy. Its been real hard. But I work at a Christian Stable ( Victory Bible Church and Stable ) and love it. But just haven't found the right one. I will pray that god sends you your answer and you have comfort in what you have to do. God bless.
  3. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    I have added an album to my profile called grow out pen....this is what I currently have in there, not counting the twenty some still in the brooder, I really need to move some birds......Ignore the weeds (they are there to provide cover. (been having a hawk problem)...and also ignore the turkeys, they are just nosy...
  4. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I just raised the feeder and waterer in the chick coop. How bitter sweet. I am glad they are getting bigger. It is great watching babies grow. Discovering new things, seeing the changes in their appearance. It is better knowing I will have 14 new layers by year's end. [​IMG]
    But it also means they are not itty bitty cute little fuzz butts anymore.
    Now I have a question. it is best to add the chicks to the big coop at eight weeks, and I KNOW I have told people a million times to give everyone grower feed, and offer oyster for the adults. It is different this time for two reasons: A. It is me asking this time. B. I have a choice. The chicks are in a coop, not a brooder. The only reason to add the two zoos is that the chicks have no run (free ranging is not an option), and it is going to be at least another month before I can build them one. Putting everyone together means everyone gets to go outside at will. Tomorrow will be the day. Five roosters go to freezer camp (rain or shine. It WILL happen this week!) leaving just one rooster in the big coop with six girls. Since there is one cockerel baby, there is another reason to do it now.
    So the question is do I add A and B, or do I keep them forever separate? And what do I do about the food situation? Another glitch being that I opened medicated chick and layer feed within the past 3 days.
    [​IMG] Shoot me now. I cannot even figure out what I want to do!
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  5. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Just rehomed one of my boys, he will be going to upstate NY, he is a lucky boy thanks to byc.
  6. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    I'd combine them. And combine the feed as'll bring the protein in the layer down a bit, but your big girls won't notice.
  7. maizy'smom

maizy'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Well, that's a happy ending, wingstone! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  8. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
  9. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Man...I put my horse up on Craigslist 12 hours ago. I've had 3 emails and an appointment regarding a "test drive" tomorrow evening. I'm scared...that's all I can say. I'm just...I don't know. I'm sad, but excited. But mainly sad. It's not an even trade off for me, but what is necessary.

We will be test driving some cars tomorrow if the dealerships are open. If not, I'll have all day to think about my horse not being mine anymore.
  10. bruceh

bruceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    hanover pa
    @motorcycle chick. first DO NOT put them together right away. the chicks are to young, small. your older ones will possible injure or kill the younger birds. chickens have a social structure or pecking order. older birds may not except these new birds at first. what you can do is this. put them in a pen next to your older ones. let the older chickens get to see and hear the new birds. this will get everyone acquainted to each other. after some time 2-3 weeks, at night put the new birds on a roost with the older birds. 9-10 times there is never an issue. they may argue for top position of the pecking order but that is it.

now with that said if your other birds are still young within weeks not months apart just add them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by