Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Goober1201

Goober1201 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2012
    Apollo Pa, 15613
    Well you know of anyone our way with som Marans, EE, or Olive eggers? I love there eggs. Cant wait to have some, when I can find them ..lol

2. Goober1201

Jul 11, 2012
    Apollo Pa, 15613
    aww, Im sorry you had to cull, Im not looking forward to that day EVER!!

3. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa

Love it when my little fuzzy butts are running well waddling around the yard too!! These by far are my fav birds. The bantams just don't seem to do the damage that LF do.

4. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    sorry, sure don't, all i have now are three blue wheaten hens and two roo's, (marans) one for back up just in case lol

5. Goober1201

Jul 11, 2012
    Apollo Pa, 15613
    lol I hear ya. I can not WAITE to get some of them.. LOVE color in my basket!!

6. sharron

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    i still have the one adult rooster, he runs free in the yard, hangs around the chicken tractors where i have young ones growing up, when its time to feed, he comes toward the house and waits to walk us over, just love that little man, and believe me, hes the cock of the walk lol

1 person likes this.
  7. sharron

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    sometimes at the fayette buy, sell, trade you can find marans, ee's, but you do have to watch to make sure they're not to old to lay

8. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    EVERY TIME! I hate doing it. I need to take roos to the auction, just dreading it.

9. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

There were some VERY nice birds there. I think the key is to get there as early as you can so you have more choices.

10. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Oh my goodness!

We sold my car for $900 and bought my new car. We go to sign the papers on Saturday and I can take "Karlita" home with me.

"Reba" (old car) was sold to a man who desperately needs a new car. Everything is rusted and bonked out on him. He said he'd take really good care of her. Still sad day for me.

SO...here's the fun story. We had been working with the specific dealer (specific person!) for about a week. Getting everything ready, he held the car for us ALL day so we could drive it, lowered the price...everything!

We know he is not in today but need to take the car to have it looked at by a mechanic. (Two of them) and come back. This other lady who has only helped for 5 minutes...runs the financing application. AND CHANGES ALL THE PAPERWORK TO HER SELLING THE CAR instead of the guy we had been working with this whole time!!!

We copied all the paperwork and sent an email to the original dealer. This should be hilarious...I can't believe she would do that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by