Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

You're doing fine. I let mine out when I feel like it in the morning. This can be as early as 7 am, and as late as 9. They go to bed on their own. I close up the coop when I get to it. If I'm home, it's 9. if I'm out, it's when I get home. Guess what? Last weekend was my birthday, we had a party at a friend's house. We got home at 5 am. My chickens didn't get locked in at all. They're fine. You're neighbor is a busy body. The end.

2. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I would have eggs too. Went camping this weekend and my brother called and said I have a broody comet and she won't give up 4 1/2 eggs! I said "4 1/2 eggs!?" I had to laugh. So either one just started laying and it's small or one of the mystery banties laid an egg. He said its the size of a quarter. lol

3. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
  4. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    4 1/2 eggs. That makes me chuckle! And Who the hell told her she could go broody!?

5. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Wingstone, You kids ran free the weekend with food and water and they are happy as can be. Bet they will be really happy when they get to your house! [​IMG]

6. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Your lil barred rock kids that is.

7. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    My human kids (now all in their 20's) were always happy when that happened to..

8. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Just a thought, but do you think the 60 cats had anything to do with the missing 15 chickens? Hmmm... I wonder?
    Mama2My4: At the risk of going against the grain I like Roo #1. It has nothing to do with #2's eye, I'm just partial to the white.

9. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

WOW! Sorry you're dealing with this. All your past posts seem to indicate that you are a darn good chickie Momma!

10. bruceh

bruceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    hanover pa
    thank you all for offering the eggs. the lady e-mailed this morning and said she found some eggs for her project. i offer to go to the school and give a little education to the kids on chicken keeping. so will see how this goes.

thanks again
    bruce

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by