Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. angelchix

angelchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2012
    Karns City, PA
    Yes, my buff orps were from murray mcmurray. I still have the hens. They are sooo bold and curious, unlike my cochins and brahmas. Goldie will tug on your pant leg when you walk in the chicken yard carrying scratch or some other treats as if to say, "hey, here I am, down here, oh yummy, come on, here I am, let me at it" Still good layers at 3 yrs. I get an average of about 5 eggs per orp per week. And my little Goldie, when a pullet, layed almost every day, 7 eggs a week her pullet year. We could tell her eggs from the others when she was separated to heal some torn feathers from those bad roos. She lays long skinny, torpedo shaped eggs.
    What color of orps do you all have?

2. Chicky Dee

Chicky Dee Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Does anyone know what breed this bird is? I purchased it with a group of speckled sussex as peeps. I can't find my emails with the breeder or I would ask him. All the peeps looked the same at purchase, Once the feathers came it, its head was the obvious give away that he was different. I can provide more pics if needed.
    [​IMG]

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

I just found a sick hen, My Fluffy girl, daddo and kids have been doing my job for the past two weeks, so today I went to spend time with them and realized Fluffy wasnt acting right and when I picked her up she is thin and extremely light, I think they werent let her eat since I moved all the feed and water into the coop for the winter, so I brought her in the lower level in a dog kennel and gave her some karo/ACV water along with some yogurt and chick starter.and she is eating it like no tomorrow. her butt has some wet runs too, so not sure what is going on : ( see her comb all dried up, she is a youngin (April) girl Blue Cochin [​IMG]

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    CALLING all Names..... This is the girl we are keeping....

Name suggestions pleeeeaaase she so needs one!!

[​IMG]

5. silver1313

silver1313 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Gettysburg, PA
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Pearl ?
    First thng that came to mind but ehh i can do bette rwith a name i promise lol

6. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Wow! Can't keep up here! Over run with chickens? Bwahahaha. Too funny!

I have black and blue Orps. LOVE them! They are so big and fluffy and regal. I've not had any run ins with them, but we did have a blue boy once who gave my DDs a hard time, he now lives elsewhere.

7. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    oh! And we got a GOAT today!! and she already escaped once! Arrrgh! What am I thinking? Someone needs to reign me in.

8. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Resembles a Polish cross with that bit of a crest going on,, happened to me too,,, supposed to be Ameracaunas, the pullet lays a greenish egg, but so small not worth keeping her and feeding her. She'll be seeing green dragon this week ! The roo polish cross I got is colored great, but he'll be accompanying the pullet to the auction.

9. Ray from PA

I went to the spring exotic sale at Renningers,,,, very disappointing, nothing exotic about it, not many animals there at all,,,, the most exotic was a couple of albino rat snake young,,,, even the chicken selection was limited.
    Nothing compared to the Lebanon Valley sale.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  10. Ray from PA

Sally,,, can you sex your blue partridge brahma young yet,,,, are you going to put ALL of your brahma's together to see what comes from the color crossing ???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by