Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    Hey just wanted to throw this out there. A few weeks ago my mom was told by her chiropractor that someone was interested in our French Black Copper Maran chicks and that they were a member on BYC. Well the person with the chicks is me! So, if you go to the chiropractor in Glen Rock, just introducing myself.

2. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck with the goat,,, love 'em,,, but, so hard to keep them where you want them.

What breed / color did you get ?

3. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Here she is!! a Tri colored Nigerian Dwarf.... she is soooo stinking uphappy!! I need to get her a friend ASAP!! The electric fence in the background was meant for her... but I just don't want to introduce her to it until she's more comfortable with us.

[​IMG]

4. Ray from PA

Not the person who goes to the chiropractor,,,,but, might be interested in your Marans chicks.

What do you have ?

5. Ray from PA

So cute,,, does she have blue eyes ?

6. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    MM, you need more eggies!!

Chad, I'm sure you already know this, some breeds go broody more than others. My BC Marans have not been broody at all. My Orpington girls pretend for a few days but I've yet to have one serious. I've had my Silkie and my Barred Hollands hatch me out lots of babies.

I'm wondering how Ropo did at the show - anyone know? It was a Langshan National meet, so I'm hoping she's got some good news for us. Where are you Ropo, you've been a stranger around here lately.

7. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Nope, brown eyes, but she's naturally polled! : )

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    YAY [​IMG]

Originally Posted by Ray from PA [​IMG]

Sally,,, can you sex your blue partridge brahma young yet,,,, are you going to put ALL of your brahma's together to see what comes from the color crossing ???
    No cant sex yet, and I have not a clue as to what to try!!! I am looking for suggestions and need to read through that brahma thread, as far as brahma I have those 10 part chicks, I have 2 darks hens, 1 part hen, 2 buff and 1 light...... ONLY Roo I have is SLW soooo I still have to do my homework, that thread is long and its hard to read and understand genetic stuff with a zillion kids around 24/7 ugggg I thought about putting them all in the new coop eventually, and seeing if I can get a dark roo from a friend... IDK really

Hello Kaitie!
    AWWWW look at those colors!!

9. Ray from PA

I met a chicken guy from green dragon that has goats also,,, showed me his flock and herd of goats,,,, has a solid black male billy with bright blue eyes,,, and has produced tricolor young with the blue eyes,,,,

I was so tempted,,, I used to love having a goat around and the blue eyes were so different, I'd love a billy whether with a huge set of horns !

10. Ray from PA

Find yourself more of those blue partridge,,,,, great looking birds,,,, make more of them and you'll have something easily sold for a good price,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by