Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

guessing the ducklings would also have to be feathered,,,,, more successful if you can offer then a heat lamp or 2 in case they would need it,,, I did that with some of my chicks this past spring,,, seemed to work OK,,, didn't lose any of them, and they used the light,,,, I put 2 in, just in case one bulb blew out.

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

3. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Sally,, saw your brahma pics,,,,, I'm too new at this to make a call,,, will say they seem to have different feathering,,,, so luck may be on your side,,, hope so.

It would be great if you could reproduce some of them,,,, definitely a great color and patterned bird !

4. silver1313

silver1313 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Gettysburg, PA
    Congrats ropo

5. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Congrats Ropo!!!!!!!!!

6. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Congrats RoPo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

7. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Bruce, I think your rendition of the egg song is spot on!

Ray: I was hoping I might see you at the Green Dragon so I could introduce myself, the only detail I could remember to look for was 'pocketed t-shirt'. Did you know most of the men there were in pocket Ts? I looked at em all thinking 'is this Ray? Or maybe THIS is Ray...?' Normally, I would have walked up to each and every one of them and asked... 'R U Ray from PA?' But an unfortunate hair dying accident has made me a bit more introverted than usual.

Sally, congrats on those awesome patterned chicks! Hope they end up looking just like that hen.

I put some BCM cockerels on the sale page and also Craig's List, also put some Black Orpington cockerels, hope I get some hits!

8. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    I made a boo boo,help.....I went to clean out the incubator last night of the eggs that were suppose to hatch on sat...as I was opening them to see what happened I came across a live one, ends up to be a duck, guess i know why that one didn't hatch yet, problem is I have the shell half off, there's no bleeding but it still has a dime size yolk attached to the egg,,,,,I quickly put it back into the incubator and it survived the night,,,,now what..

not sure how a duck got mixed in there, these were a dozen of EE eggs, this egg did not look any different from the rest, any clue what kind of duck it is, incase it survives.

9. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    My scovy egg sometimes has a greenish tint to it.

10. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    depends on what kind of duck it is, usually take 28 days to hatch unless its a muscovey, those take 35 i think it is. i know takes alot longer than a reg.duck.
    where did the eggs come from, Yours or bought? might ask the people if not yours. good luck, hope it makes it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by