Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Got that right,,, couldn't believe how messy the call ducklings were when we got them,,,, amazing how they can make a pen into a swamp in a matter of minutes. Definitely makes you become inventive on how to keep them from soiling everything so quickly. Finally decided to keep them on wire over the bedding and things became much more managable.

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

4. Ray from PA

Fingers crossed for Sally...... [​IMG]

and congrats Ropo [​IMG]

5. Ray from PA

Sally, You'll handle it,,, just have to be creative,,, they're different from chicks,,,, and remember NO medicated food when the time comes.

We used a nice sized cage with wire bottom,,,, small holes, so everything falls through,,, they love to make their fool wet, running back and forth from the water to the food. Everything gets wet if they're not on wire.

They are a hoot to watch swim when they're little, ours would swim underwater in circles and wind up flying out of the pool, only to run back and jump in to do it all over again.. it was too funny to watch !

They're still really neat ducks,,,, some are really nice tiny call ducks, bantams

6. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Yup, the scovies make much more mess than the chicks....so I got tired of them being in the house quickly and put them outside...

7. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    congrats!!!!!

8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    gotcha, wonder when I can put them outside the brooder if its winter? age? .... did u see the pics of my baby brahma?

9. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Thanks all!

Nope! No ribbons! Those are usually for the Champion Row or for the kiddos.

It was a BLAST! :D

10. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Well, the ALBC Breed Conservancy group was there. They have a list for "threatened, endangered and nearly extinct" animals. It includes horses, cattle, pigs, sheep, goats, poultry...the Langshan is on the threatened list and they wanted a picture of my blue LF pullet.

I was more than happy to oblige! :D

And thank you for the congrats!!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by