Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

heatherscooby I am going to start adding cooked fish! Heather! I didnt take them!! I posted the link to the site, LOTTA more pics there! of bad poops... u should all look!

http://chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php?topic=17568.0

chad you know it! although a friend posted pic of kids first poop on fb

silver yay!

mama
fl.gif
hugs.gif

I have been spending as much time as possible out in the coops lately. My chickens make my heart feel better. They give me such a peaceful feeling. As a result... I have LOTS of pictures :)

Here is my blue orpington roo

And my BL polish trio (I am not sure yet if I am keeping these...)

and 3 of my buff brahma girls:

I am jealous, everyone keeps posting pics of spotless coops and grass with no poop, how do you do it, or maybe you only snap pics right after a good cleaning, cause I know it only takes 5 minutes after cleaning mine and I got more poop.

on another note, hatched out 4 chicks yesterday to give to the nonstop silkie broodies, gave them both 2...one acceptted them right away the other was not so good about it, ended up culling 1 chick from the fiasco and giving the remaining chick to the good broody, so now I have 1 silkie with 3 chicks and 1 still broody.

I have a bantam cochin hen.  She was hatched on 05/04/12.  She is not laying yet.  Her face/comb/wattles are not even red yet.  She might not lay until spring.  I don't put lights on my ladies.  I feel like if they need a break, I will let them have one. 

About protein, what are you feeding them? brand? type? For example Purina Layena Crumbles.  When was she hatched?  Do you give treats?  Do you feel like you ladies "eat" there food?  If its not a layer formula do you have oyster shell out?  Do you give them leftovers?

I am feeding them Brown's layer feed,they get scraps like bread and fruit an veggies and they get outside run time everyday for like 3 hours and the whole time they are out they are digging in my flower beds and around the property eating bugs! Was. Thinking about getting some mealworms and giving them as a treat more frequently especially thru the winter months. I'd say they waste a lot of food but yes they do eat it!! A few of them are getting bright red combs and waddles but I'm still thinking since the weather has changed that it is just gonna be spring til they start to lay! I think I'm doing it all right just feeling a little defeated because my 3 yr old dd keeps saying asking when will there be eggs mommy??

Well crap on a cracker. Went out to put the chickens to bed and couldn't find my Sebright chick. Happened to glance at one of the roos who was over by the waterers...and saw what looked like a pile of feathers at his feet...it was my baby! She was dead.....no clue what caused her death....just looks like she keeled over! GRAR GRAR double GRAR! And of course, her Momma has stopped laying again!
dang it. sorry . please pm me for the chicks

Back
Top Bottom