Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    OMG My coop is a pain in the [email protected]# with these LF!! uggggg sorry about your broody and the chick : (
    Mama ahhhhahhhhh!

2. nothingbutbirds

nothingbutbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    thank for the reply i also heard that it is impossible to breed out of silkies and u will always get some with the horns,though they arnt desireable they sure do complement those cute little fluffy faces

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I am not sure about that, and I don't want to give you wrong information. And if you aren't showing or breeding for show stock, don't let it worry you at all.

4. nothingbutbirds

Aug 9, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    im not showing them but i would still like to have good quality chickens but im not exactly sure on the silkie standards

5. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Here is a start. Also, if you join the club, there are pages and pages of photos of the different body parts.

http://www.americansilkiebantamclub.org/standard.asp

6. nothingbutbirds

Aug 9, 2012
    Pennsylvania
  7. silver1313

silver1313 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Gettysburg, PA
    IKR !! Hard to see thru dang things lol I want to candle again im a candleaholic but i know better only 3 more days til i can again lol but not promising I might not sneaka peek in while turning them tonight lol
    I will have to look at this link !!

8. nothingbutbirds

Aug 9, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    assorted chicken hatching eggs anyone

9. silver1313

silver1313 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Gettysburg, PA
    are you looking for some or offering ..cause if you are offering I could pick up some of them when we meet too ... if ya wanted

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  10. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Just a suggestion,,, if the other won't accept a chick and you still have eggs hatching in the incubator,,, why not try putting an egg that's close to hatch under her,, she should get used to hearing it's peeping before it hatches and will probably accept it more readily..........just a thought...... I have heard of people letting broodies hatch for them the last 3 days,,, the sucess rate can be higher

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by