Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. patrickschick

patrickschick Songster

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I will give it a shot. We are building a larger set of coups and inside insulating and building them just like a small house with vents. And eventually I'd like to connect the 500 gal water tank to the pipeline that gets filled with rainwater.

2. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Songster

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa
    I don't like snow this early in the year. :( I guess I have to hope for the rain then. My kids would love snow and a snow day so early. I have plenty of eggs lol. The stores always sell out of eggs, bread and milk and toilet paper when storms come. Gotta wait and see what mother nature has in store for us.

3. Good Morning! Sorry I've been missing. Just getting my coop finished. All I need now is the netting (which I have) put up and it's complete! I think it came out so nice considering I've not built anything in a long time. LOL! (Like middle school long time!) LOL!! I had to put wheels on it, because it's so heavy even my hunk can't lift it! LOL! So I used my car jack and jacked up the coop and put the tires on it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I stained it at 4:30 this morning, LOL! So it looks so much nicer than this. Because I had a *flaw* (my roof is not slanted) my friend who has a million chickens, her hubby is going to get me roofing grade rubber for the roof. I can't wait to get this outside today! I haven't been able to park in my garage for over a week and it's killing me! LOL!! So next to where the chickens come out I had made that whole left side an access door to clean it out. I put in a window also, made of plexiglass so that the chickens would have some light during the day, and so they can see outside. I still need to make the nesting boxes though. I don't know how to do that. LOL! The nesting box is HUGE! LOL! I'll get you more pictures when I get this thing outside. it's hard to get good pictures while in my garage. LOL!! I don't want to build another coop for a long time! LOL! I will end up making a little chick box for when I start hatching eggs. I love those babies. I'll use the rest of my materials for that.

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    great work! they get heavy fast!

5. wingstone

wingstone Songster

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Wow chad, that boy is filling in nicely, don't know why my SLW just would not leave him alone...

6. mama2my4

mama2my4 Songster

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I know this isn't a popular opinion but I have to say....

[​IMG]

7. wingstone

wingstone Songster

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

8. Thank You! Yeah, those 2X4's keep adding up in weight! LOL!!

9. patrickschick

patrickschick Songster

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    That is a sexy coup! Good Job! [​IMG]

10. patrickschick

patrickschick Songster

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Yeah he made a mistake and jumped in the wrong pen ONCE! He jumped in with Copper and his girls. I don't think he will do that again. Copper has become very dominant and he has staked his claim. As long as Elvis stays out they are good neighbors.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by