Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I just got my 2 beautiful Americaunas from Nothingbutbirds. They did not seem happy to go from her nice warm car, and out into the cold. They are fine in their temporary (quarantine) home now.
    [​IMG] One pooped on the car seat as I was putting it into the the Jeep. There is also litter all over the seat now. Too bad the Jeep belongs to my M-I-L. She hates animals. Fortunately, I will have time to clean it in the morning before returning it to her.

2. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    We were without power for 24 hours. Got it back about 7 pm, just as we were walking out the door to go to a friend's for showers/dinner. Still went out for a hot meal!

My coop was COMPLETELY flooded. Not so happy chickens yesterday, but they were actually happier to be out and about even in the drizzle today.

Lost the dead apple tree that I asked the yard guy to remove at the beginning of the summer!!!! It took out one of my wash poles, snapped it right off at ground level...the sucky part? It was STEEL!

My family is in Toms River/Seaside/Bayville/Tuckerton NJ. I am just crying over all the loss in my hometown. My kid sister spent the night up watching as PPL kept trying to push power down a line next to her house......only problem with this idea, a tree was down on the line, every time they pushed power...the tree caught fire...and her dogs went insane.

My gram lost 4 huge old oaks on her 100x200 lot. One of them down on her concrete front porch, but no damage to the house.

My mom lost her shed over hers and the neighbor's backyards. She attempted to go to work, no go, as EVERY street in downtown Toms River had trees down on it.

3. missydcpc

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Ok, I had to read alot of pages...so if I screw up names, I'm sorry.

penta, I am so sorry about your coop.

chiques, that is awesome of you to offer.

wing, awesome on the job interview

Sally, hope you can get off the mountain at some point.

Chad, good on you on making sure that dog doesn't do it again.

Glad ya'll seem to have survived well, considering!

4. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
  5. bruceh

bruceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    hanover pa
    hey missy,
    did you make out ok with the storm.. how the chicks?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  6. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Missy, so sorry to hear of your family in Tom's River, I hope things get back to normal for them soon. **cracked me up thinking how you showed up to dinner, stinky n all!

Anyone here do the fermented feed for meaties? Will a couple of 5 gallon containers do the job? Do I need some kind of strainer?

7. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I thought TomsRiver was okay? Well, that is family for you. Never let a mother of 7 tell you what another sibling is doing. She will give the wrong name with the wrong info.
    The chicks are happy to be out this morning. I got to see my two new birds in some light. They are beautiful. I am going to enjoy having them.

8. missydcpc

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    bruce, solution to 3 chicks with no heat lamp? Put them in a basket in front of the woodstove...they slept just fine. Yesterday during the day I put them back in the basement...because they wouldn't stop jumping out of the basket to run around, and with 10 people already in the house....one would get stepped on i'm sure.

motorcycle....compared to point, it's ok, but compared to here, it's a disaster.

9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Happy Halloween y'all!!! This is my most favorite day of the year!

But this year I am going to spend it re-bedding wet chicken coops....

10. PAchickengirl

PAchickengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2012
    Central Pennsylvania
    My girls got their first glimpse of snow this morning. I was trying to open the run and one went out. Another followed. They decided the coop and run were better, and headed back in! It almost seemed like Punky was telling them to stay in! She seems to be in charge!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by