Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Hi Guys!

Wing, Awsome on the interview!!!!!!!!!!!

Pentamom, Holy Crap!!!!!

Karen, Best of luck! For your sake I hope the water stays down.

Assessed my own damage this morning. still can't believe that dog got in and destroyed everything. I was seriously in shock last night! Gonna kennel the remaining chickens and rebuild everything from scratch. Heavier fencing, more posts, completely enclosed in fencing, Gonna make a few pallet coups like Sally's. Still proud of my boys for stepping between me and that dog.

2. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Yesterday I spent too much time staring at my old desk. I now have a coop with a computer sitting on top. [​IMG]
    Think about it! People toss old desks all the time. Remove the drawers, and you have the coop. Nail on an 8X4 piece of plywood, and add corner supports for the part hanging aprx. 6' past the desk. Add hardware cloth. You now have a coop for quarantine, chicks, or just 2-4 LF.
    If I do it, it will be my quarantine pen. My current one is just not ideal.

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Good luck!

4. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    Found free (dry) pallets on craigslist today if you don't already have some.... http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/zip/3374526118.html

5. bruceh

bruceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    hanover pa
    i mix my own i use a mill for my feed. i believe it is natural. here is the formula. i also ferment this in a 5 gal. bucket. the results are . less feed used. shiny feathering. heavy eggs, huge yolks, healthier birds, better egg production.. fermentation lowers the ph so the nutrients are more absorbed and not put out the other end. i also use unpasteurized apple cider vinegar in the water. this helps lessen the parasite load.

game feed 20% - 14 parts @ 20 % = 280 %

alfalfa milled 12% - 1 part @ 12 % = 12%

scratch grain 7% - 1 part @ 7 % = 7%

boss 15% - 1 part @ 15% = 15%

total ------------------------------------------------ 314% protein

parts--------------------------------------------------- 17

percentage ratio------------------------------------ 18.47 %

bruce

6. bruceh

bruceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    hanover pa
    chad if you need a hand i will be up. just give a call.

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

9. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    great idea! I am going to attempt the cages out of wire, Chad had one !

10. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    Hi,
    Starting to snow now. The eye passed over us this afternoon and everything was quiet for a while. Now we are getting the back side of Sandy. No thunder. The sump pump is valiant and keeping up. It is located in the lowest level of the basement which is 12 x 12 by 6 inches deep. has piumped it out several times today. Rest of the basement is on higher levels. I had to dig a small trough in the yard to get the pumped out water farther from the house. I wish I had a long enough outflow hose to just send it back across the road into Mill Creek. But there is Trout Ave. there and the neighbors would be continously running over the hose as they drove in and out :( . We are dry and warm and have electricity.
    Best,
    Karen

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by