Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    ,Yes. There is a highly respected Mill in Landcaster area . If I remember correctly, the oldest in PA. They make a great organic chicken feed. Oh what is their name? They have a website. Maybe keyword search " organic poultry feed Landcaster Pennsylvanaia". Karen in soggy Waterford.

2. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
  3. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]..Thank you SO much Karen, and I hope water levels stay below the "too-much havoc" line and the temps.stay above freezing..way too many leaves on the trees for that!....I understand living in the mountains, lots of runs/creeks..,(they aren't "generally" a problem until something wild like this comes along)... did it for 15 yrs..hopefully get to go back..and with chickens..I must be crazy! [​IMG] Looking into the feed sites right now..[​IMG]

4. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nope! No chickens. I was actually suppose to get them from silver today as a matter of fact!

Looked at the coop this morning and found that not only is it destroyed beyond repair-but 3 huge trees fell in the same spot and was blocking my private dead end road. We are over 12 hours with no power and there is no ETA on when we will be getting it back.

We may have to end up at a hotel somewhere, because with 5 kids-I don't know what will happen. I am going to call my homeowners insurance company to assess the coop, and if I get a lot back-I am just going to buy a coop. It's so heartbreaking to see something I've worked so hard on get destroyed in seconds. I AM proud to say that it held up to the regular 81 mph gusts we had here. Just that darn tree. I have pictures if someone is willing to post them for me. My iphone won't let me add the photos. Inbox me for my number and I can text them to you.
    Thanks guys! Will check up later!

5. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
  6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

7. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    finally got a call to go in for an interview, have been looking to change jobs for awhile....best part is if I get it this job pays more......[​IMG]

8. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Best wishes!

9. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Power is back on. All my peeps made it, so far...............now I have to wait until tomorrow to check my eggs.

10. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by