Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    So far, so good here. I haven't been out to check the birds yet, but it hasn't been as windy as I had expected, up until about an hour ago. They had enough food & water to last til at least Wednesday. Amazingly, we still have power. We lose power during a normal thunderstorm, so this really surprises me. OTOH, the roof is leaking into the kitchen of a rental house I own, and our trailer at the beach (Rehoboth Bay) is probably flooded.

Chad, so sorry to hear about your chickens. We had a couple devastating dog attacks a few years ago, but both culprits got lead poisoning.

2. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Since it appears I will not be losing power, if anyone "local" needs a generator to get through an extended outage, I will loan mine. I believe 6000W. I'm near Mount Joy. I have gas for it as well. PM if in need.

3. silver1313

silver1313 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Gettysburg, PA
    posting for pentamom

[​IMG]

4. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sally-thank You! Hope you are doing well also!!

Purdy-xo! Thank You! I am doing better! My body was sore for 2 days! Besides my lower back-I am feeling MUCH better! LOL!! I just have no desire to be on the roof anytime soon! LOL!!

Silver-Thanks Love! :)

5. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    Oh, what a shame about the coop! So glad the tree didn't hit the house! Chickens are resilent, they may surprise you with their survival instincts. Ya'll take care out there and be safe. They say west of the Alleghenies , where we are , shoould get hit harder on Tuesday. Time will tell. Looks like a lot of the worst is east of the Allegheny summit, tho.
    Sump pump just came on and did its job. Our basement is dug in three levels with the sump in the lowest level. It pumps out any seepage quickly. Usually only get any when the creek across the road is runing as high as it is tonight.
    Warm Regards,
    Karen in Ligonier

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Karen how much snow you gettin?

Impatiently waiting for light so we can inspect the house, coops, sheds and check the fences..... like Jurrasic Park

all roads are closed here, Hubby aint going no where today. Hope my older sons and their girls are all ok.

7. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Oh no!!! Your coop was still empty right??

Hope your power is back on and you are safe.

8. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    We are ok here in Central PA. Power flashed off very briefly a few times, but nothing bad.

Eagerly awaiting the sun so I can make sure my chooks are all ok!

9. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Impatiently waiting for sun up, sounds like alot of us are pacing by the doors.
    [​IMG]
    hoping I do not need to do much of this
    [​IMG]
    because I didn't get much of this
    [​IMG]

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I didnt believe this UNTIL it was verified in news! NOT what I want at my porch railing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by