Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    I put stew on to cook earlier this afternoon figured it'd at least be mostly cooked by the time we lost power, and if all else failed, have the woodstove and camp stove i could cook on. Lucked out and everyone has full tummies now. Just told the kids to brush their teeth because we've lost power twice in 5 minutes. Be safe all!

2. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa
    I made beef stew tonight too. The wind just started to pick up. Be safe everyone.

3. nothingbutbirds

nothingbutbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    thats good i put quail eggs under a hen she hatch ed them but i didnt have her seperated from the other hens and the large ones ate all the babies.I should have seperated her :'(

4. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

OH NO! This is awful. I am soooo sorry to hear this. [​IMG]

5. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    is anybody else getting really antsy since the sun went down,,,,,I can not wait for sunrise and hopefully..
    [​IMG]

6. Chicky Dee

Chicky Dee Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    The wind has really picked up here. I keep going to the window to look out since its to dark to see from the couch! Just got done watching the news...I sure hope the storm dies down. Did you see the face of that building came off in New York?

7. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Chad, so sorry! I'm site everyone here will do what they can to help.

Got home from work around 7. No problems, just a few inches of water in the basement, not unusual, I'm used to it. Power still on. Looks like the worst may be past. Creek is bank full, but it should take several more inches of rain to cause a major situation. Haven't gotten to the coops yet. Tomorrow morning I can assess wind damage to all my trees.

Don't go anywhere if you don't need to. Driving is nasty.

I'm leaning toward a mixed Orpington pen. I have a few lemon rooms, a lemon pulley, a self blue top and some b/b/s youngins. Not sure where I'm headed with them.

8. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    let me know if you need one of these.
    [​IMG]

9. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Double post

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  10. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    YES!!!

I am listening to the wind howl and worrying about what I will see in the morning......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by