Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Snuck into the last 1/2 of that lecture...I think...was that the lady with the beet kavas (sp?)

2. missydcpc

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Chad, so sorry for your losses! Were you able to get the rest of them locked up? Is the dog locked up so he can't get at the rest of them??

Welcome to all the newbies!

So proud of the 12 yo DGS, he asked what we were going to do with the 3 babies in the basement if we lose power. Answer is, we'll bring them up and put them in front of the wood stove.

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Electric back, but wires hanging and Tractor Trailer Trucks are BACKING up the mnt! Someone gonna get killed :(

Ok No electric, yes electric, no electric, ummmmm hubby just got home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYA dogs gotta pee but wont go out.

OMG is it ugly outside!!!

4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    yup! Here too...

5. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

No one should have to go through that...so sorry chad...I hope everyone the best through this storm......can't even watch it anymore..need something else...*wingstone..you said you had lemon orps...? hello *missydcpc..Newbie here!

6. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sally & mama...are in the country/mountains?..dont know where julian is..still have power here. in lanc.co [​IMG]

7. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Chad you are always welcome to bring the girls and pick out some birds, some are just starting to lay....
    you may need some of that counseling for yourself, you just went thru everyone's nightmare....you should be proud of those boys it sounds like they did exactly what nature intended, they tried to protect.

8. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    My power blinks now and then but stays on.

9. missydcpc

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Just went out to check on my chickens...in the last hour the water has invaded my coop! It looks like that scene from Star Wars where they are swimming in the sewage. Things floating by. Moved some of the chips around to soak some of it up, will take more chips out to soak up some more of the water.

10. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    She was making kimchi the day I saw her... I think she said she did not like beet kavas.... ?? Gave out samples of pickles and kimchi! yum!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by