Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

so sorry,...[​IMG] is some more...dont know what else to do
  2. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    omg, altho i'm a dog lover, whoever owns the dog should be made to replace his beloved chicks, and to do something with the dog.
    i could also chip in some chickens if i just had a way to get them there.
    so sorry chad[​IMG]
  3. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    Omg I feel so sorry for Chad n his girls!!! What a crazy storm this is gonna be! Who would let their dog out in this anyway?? Stupid crazy people hope not all of them are gone it would be devastating to any one of us!! Thinking of you guys!
    We still have power here, actually just checked the chicks and they already ate all their food. Yes I put enough in for 2 days and they already went thru it all!!! Hope everyone else is fairing well too!
  4. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa
    Omg. I'm so sorry Chad. [​IMG] [​IMG]
  5. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    I do not remember who it was that said hubby must ride motorcycle home in this storm.......Be aware that penndot has put up road restrictions for no motorcycles on alot of roads.
  6. Chicky Dee

Chicky Dee Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2012
    OMG Chad. I am so sorry. I hope you got that dog!
  7. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    My Kimchi and fermented pickles just went into the fridge today! [​IMG] Went to a lecture at the Mother Earth News Fair. You should check out the book "Pickled Panty" by Andrea Chesman. Lots of recipes for fermented pickles and also 1 jar pickles, plus lots of tips on pickling in general!! Good Luck!!
  8. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    OMG!! Chad, soooooo sorry! We will absolutely help you out. I don't think you're far from me at all.
  9. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Hey Guys.

Gotta type quick. have to go into the hospital to work. They need me.

Went to check on my feathered kids. Went around and they were making odd squawks. A few were out and running towards my house. A very large dog shredded the lattice on the fronts of the truck caps and tore down the fence to my pens and worked from the fancy pen into the production pen.

I ran and got a gun. The dog backed down and came for me. Elvis and Copper jumped inbetween me and the dog. Elvis(GLW) died and copper was on the attack. I had to hit the dog with the gun barrel to get it off Copper(BCM roo) and the dog lunged and bit the gun. I shot it! It had the gun in its mouth. Lost 15, have 13. Lost all the roos but two lil bantams.

When you first get chickens you would never think you'd have such an attachment. These guys were more than just chickens, they become part of the family. When they sit on your lap and come when you call. I was so dang cold I couldn't even text. I have to build new pens, new runs. the dog has a collar with no tag, Dog warden for Berks Co is now involved and can't come out because they were shut down by the state this morning at 8am. The dog ate some and just killed the rest just to kill. Gonna need a grief counselor for the remaining chickens.

Alright guys . I have to get off and head to work. The hospital calls.Have access to my email and text at work just not BYC. [​IMG]all my chicken friends.

10. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    The dog is a cujo type of dog. St. Bernard/shephard cross. Close to a 100# dog.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by