Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    It sucks about the dog, and the owner of it! The older I get the more I tend to THINK about safety more. Our entire summer spare time spent on all new fencing for the dogs and animals, I dont want my dogs hit OR doing something like they did at Chads, I just hope she didnt break loose because of the storm. Plus he said she has pups somewhere : (

Dogs are animals just the same and sometimes the weather can freakum out.

Everyone makes fun of how tight I have all these coops! aint no dog, weazel, bear or MOUSE gettin in my coops. Eric said I am paranoid, but I have alot of cash out for these chickens, so, so be it!

It just sucks that she turned on Chad and he had to do defend himself on top of all of it. Poor chickens, my dogs, well two of mine, would kill my chickens in a heartbeat, so I am always watching the kids and the gates! Those Roo's were so purdy and proud [​IMG]

2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    We are in the middle of the state. Lights flickered a little, but so far it is still on.

3. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

Missy, looks like your area is going to get hit really hard. Please stay safe, warm and dry!

4. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    I know about the time I turn the oven on the electric will go out. so guess what's for dinner ??
    [​IMG]

5. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

*wing- i'm a very close neighbor, haven't had an issue ...yet... not trying to be nosey...just wondering were some of the "problems are..and have a daughter upstate,(clinton),*Mama- anywhere near there?..... haven't heard from her yet..just wondering..thanks..

6. LittleMissPurdy

funny....

7. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    My electric problems come from being at the end of a line.....if you are just curious as to what is going on in lancaster county in general....I go to LCWC and click on incident report, it will give a list of all emergency calls except police department..

8. LittleMissPurdy

thank you for the info...finally heard from daughter..it's all good..

9. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    DH got home on the bike just before 8 this morning. Wet and cold, but he made it.
    I just threw a cabbage in the coop after grocery shopping. The store was half empty. Bars are full, though!
    I am lucky. Sturgis would not hurt the chicks, and I rely on him for the day olds. I let them wander in the grass, and he keeps them close. He is anxious enough to go see them, that he will go out even in this mess. [​IMG] heck, he even brought a toy outside!
    I have to go check water. I may just put them under a drain spout to fill.That or wring my clothes into them!
    Hope everyone is safe. I would offer birds to Chad, but I am sure Ray pretty much has it covered, and 80% of you are nearby too.

10. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    No idea where that is sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by