Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    I know mama and someone else wanted my fb name so I could share some bow pics but I lost the post so please let me know again sorry just too tired to go thru them all again!

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
  3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

4. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Nice Hovabator!

The show is in Frederick Maryland. It's the Maryland Poultry Fancier's.

5. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Sally,,, I was well behaved, I didn 't come home with any birds, just bought some cheap feed and a $3 cage.
    They sold a few dog cages, they seem to have them most weeks, a few of the knockdown wire types and a plastic carrier or two. There was so much stuff there, the auction wasn't over until around midnight.

Blarney..... how was the show and how did your birds do ????

6. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Ray, I was freezing and left before they judged the row with my Marans Pullet, the Orps did okay (I think...still am not so good at reading the judges notes on the cage cards). Tomorrow will tell for sure when they pick the champions, I'm afraid the Orps didn't do as well as in Jersey, they marked a '1' on my cockerel and a '1' on one of my pullets, but BB and BV were marked on someone else's birds.

Tomorrow will tell for sure. Either way, I had such a great time talking with all the chicken loving people, there was A LOT there for sale. Lots of silkies, Plymouth rocks, and ducks! The cutest call ducks ever! even some peacocks. Common Sense kicked in and I DID NOT go home with the guinnea poults ETA: oops!! KEETS. :D. that were chanting my name.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  7. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Me, please!

8. nothingbutbirds

nothingbutbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    anyone breed good quality d'uccles of any color or know of someone who does in PA need 2 roos a self blue a millie fleur and maybe some hens from those colors 2 mixing in some more blood lines eggs chicks i need some leads. any other colors even project will do . pm me if u do

mama i love the polish im hooked on the breed. did she happen to have a name
    motorcyclechick thanks 4 bringing her 2 me hope u like the ameraucanas

9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    SO glad you like her. We called her Poppy. Remember you have to breed her to a smooth.

10. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Now why didn't ya tell me? We were bonding with the name "Poli". She is adorable. I keep seeing pics of adult Polish, though. [​IMG] Too many bikers come here. A small dog that rides the motorcycle gets my husband enough grief. Like I said, though. If I were to have more property, and could free range, I would SO get bantams.[​IMG] I would just have to fence off the area to prevent the bikers from playing "chicken" with the chickens.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by